#1 Kaleb

Kaleb

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,492 posts
  • Full Name:Joshua

Posted 29 January 2013 - 01:29 PM

I don't have pictures, but will get some if need be. What I have is a started interior with what seems like the testors gloss colors, not sure if they are acrylic or enamels. Must question is, would just a semi gloss black cover this, or should I find some way of stripping it? Or just find a donor kit?

#2 Draggon

Draggon

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,743 posts
  • Full Name:Glenn Asher

Posted 29 January 2013 - 01:53 PM

What colors? If its gloss black its gonna be real hard to strip. Semi gloss might cover, but my experience is that semi gloss over gloss doesnt give the same results as semi gloss over primer or bare plastic. Might want to cover the gloss with dullcoat and start over. 

#3 Kaleb

Kaleb

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,492 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 02:46 PM

Ah, well the floor pan is gloss black, the seats and part of the dash are bright yellow, the engine bay and firewall are bright red.

#4 Draggon

Draggon

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,743 posts
  • Full Name:Glenn Asher

Posted 29 January 2013 - 03:13 PM

If you dont want to strip it, paint the bucket in semi gloss, mist coats, then flock the floors. I've not had any luck in stripping Testors gloss black. 

#5 Kaleb

Kaleb

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,492 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 04:15 PM

I have some ideas, for the floor pan, but that's all depending on the actual interior colors that are factory.

Here is a current pic, I've already been working on sanding the lines out. 9d142a5fac94b99d117f04beae9a2d8f.jpg