#1 gwangi-boy

gwangi-boy

MCM Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • Full Name:mark rollie

Posted 24 June 2006 - 12:33 PM

... well, Bloomington to be more accurate!

Just signed up on this website, and to start off with my first post, I'm posting a link to my photo album of the GMO (Greater Minnesota Open) NNL show that was held at the Comfort Inn in Bloomington on June 10th.

For a short intro to myself, I started building models back when I was 9 and continued strong through my teens, until I eased off the hobby for various reasons. I would still build the occasional kit, but never on a full-time basis. A couple of years ago, we moved into our first house, and then the hobby came back to me big-time.

This was the very first model car show I've ever attended, and had a lot of fun (along with wishing that I could have brought more $$ along, but maybe it was a good thing I put a limit on myself!). I hope you enjoy the photos!

GMO NNL Photo Album

#2 dcsunderland

dcsunderland

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 25 June 2006 - 07:09 AM

Cool pics. Thanks for sharing.

#3 halfpint33

halfpint33

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 25 June 2006 - 02:30 PM

Nice pics.Any of those models in there ypurs by any chance?BTW,welcome to the board :D

#4 gwangi-boy

gwangi-boy

MCM Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • Full Name:mark rollie

Posted 27 June 2006 - 07:34 AM

Nice pics.Any of those models in there ypurs by any chance?BTW,welcome to the board :P

Thanks for the welcome! Yep, I managed to sneak in a few of my own models into my own photo album! :wink:

Most of the cars I brought were show cars: the Chuck Wagon, the Popcorn Wagon, Vending Machine, Granny's Hot Rod (Beverly Hillbillies), Lil Coffin ... but to take up more table space, I also brought along the 1/16th Revell California Charger dragster, the Laurel & Hardy Model T, the Mongoose funny car, and the recent AMT/Model King Warbucks Mustang funny car reissue (sans decals -- the decals literally fell apart in the water for the most part, and the ones that didn't were #$%# to work with so I gave up on them).

A photographer was there taking pictures of select models for possible publication in "Model Cars Magazine" and both the Chuck Wagon and the Laurel & Hardy T were picked! Funny thing is, my wife has said her two very favorite models that I've built were those two ... while I would pick the Popcorn Wagon and maybe some others. I wonder what she sees that I don't?? :lol: