#21 tribalgt03

tribalgt03

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 135 posts
  • Full Name:david lee roth

Posted 01 February 2013 - 03:53 PM

Looking great so far...But just to let you know, the admins will most likely move your post to 'pickups and light utility on the work bench'.  So, if it disappears, that's where it will be.  And that's where I'll be following the build as well.  :D

BTW, I'd love to have that 80s body Chevy!

i think im done for the night,but here is todays progress....its friday time to go party!

#22 JasonFL

JasonFL

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 928 posts
  • Full Name:Jason Brackney

Posted 01 February 2013 - 03:58 PM

I like where your going with this so far. I love a slammed truck. My first 1:1 truck was a 85 bagged and shaved blazer, never got a chance to finish the bd and chop top on it. Just something about that year blazer/pickup I love. In my opinion body kits don't belong on trucks so I would bd it and lay it hard on the rockers if I were you. Keep it up, looking forward to seeing how you do the rear setup. Btw, welcome to the site. Lots of great people here with some really cool projects. You'll fit right in.

#23 tribalgt03

tribalgt03

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 04:08 PM

I like where your going with this so far. I love a slammed truck. My first 1:1 truck was a 85 bagged and shaved blazer, never got a chance to finish the bd and chop top on it. Just something about that year blazer/pickup I love. In my opinion body kits don't belong on trucks so I would bd it and lay it hard on the rockers if I were you. Keep it up, looking forward to seeing how you do the rear setup. Btw, welcome to the site. Lots of great people here with some really cool projects. You'll fit right in.

Awesome and thanx for the welcome...yeah the box s10 and c10 were some of my favorite trucks,but over time ive had a few here and there  from bagged to lifted and the body lines look good either way high or low to me on the box chevy trucks..I am working on a 92 hardbody in my garage,so this was the closest to my nissan that I could find in 1/24...but im actually having more fun right now with the model than the actual truck,because im not getting burned and cut every 5min fabbing my frame..lol..when I get back home tonight I might play around with it

#24 tooltas

tooltas

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,199 posts
  • Full Name:todd staples

Posted 02 February 2013 - 03:34 AM

cool truck them revell s10/amt s10s are cool kits B)

#25 tribalgt03

tribalgt03

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 07:40 AM

anyone got any tips or ideas?...its saturday and Ima do work on the hardbody,so if you want to follow my truck build its on ratsun(real truck),but i'll wrap that up by noon spend time with the wife and maybe tonight back on the syclone..im more excited about making a custom rear on the model right now than the truck..lol..its coming together faster and easier in plastic..lol..

#26 tribalgt03

tribalgt03

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 02:53 PM

Im kinda tired after working on the nissan,but I did hit the model frame with some clear just to see how the green shines,but the frame in the pics is far from a finished product...I might abandon the stock model frame entirely and build from scratch..I still want to sand this one and smooth it all out and build on to it to see how my back half idea works

Attached Files

#27 mikemodeler

mikemodeler

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,911 posts
  • Full Name:Classified

Posted 02 February 2013 - 06:01 PM

Never been a big fan of the slammed trucks but I will say you have great skills and I admire your work. Keep posting, we all can learn something if we pay attention.

#28 tribalgt03

tribalgt03

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 06:33 PM

here is one of my pics from my nissan build..no modeling tonight..im beat..spent way more time on nissan than expected

Attached Files

#29 tribalgt03

tribalgt03

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 06:57 PM

Never been a big fan of the slammed trucks but I will say you have great skills and I admire your work. Keep posting, we all can learn something if we pay attention.

thanks for the compliment..ive never tried my hands at a model..the last time I did I was 15,but not really into them then either ,but for right now I have a son who has no motivation except black ops 2..lol and im really doing this for him,so maybe he will see that its fun to build something regardless of what it is and have follow through to complete something other than ranking up in a video game..tried teaching him welding..he got burnt and never tried again..tried sports..tried a parenting class..lol..true story..,but this is a little for me too..I wanted to replicate my nissan HB in 1/24,but found out its discontinued..never had the model bug before,but I really might buy another model..not to sure on what i'll buy..lol..but ima buy another one for sure..plus its a lot cheaper than full sized builds..lol...since you have been a member for some time on here..do you have any tips..any are appreciated

#30 JasonFL

JasonFL

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 928 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 11:39 PM

here is one of my pics from my nissan build..no modeling tonight..im beat..spent way more time on nissan than expected

What a tease! That's all your gonna throw up there? Lets see this Nissan already...haha! If I was in Cali I'd be over there helpin ya out. If your boy doesn't want to learn how to weld you could teach me, I've only done some minor welding here and there. I would love to know how to weld/fab and work at a custom shop. I just don't know how to get my foot in the door. My pops owned an auto body shop just about all my life that I worked at but I was never allowed to do a lot cause I was the run-around clean up guy.
I got the modeling bug a year or two ago and just been taking my time building, having fun. Right now I'm working on the 4 link and rear set up on my 49 Merc. Trying to get it to lay rocker. I'd like to do a truck next. If your looking for a Nissan model you should post something up in the wanted section. People are a big help on here and a lot of them have tons and tons of models so you might get lucky. Of not check out ebay. Might be discontinued but there has to be one out there somewhere. I searched a good year before finding someone who does a resin kit of the 85 blazer. Just keep searching, that's part of the fun.

#31 JasonFL

JasonFL

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 928 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 11:44 PM

If your interested here's a link to my 49 Merc build. I have to update the photos but you'll get the idea. http://www.modelcars...opic=63010&st=0

#32 tribalgt03

tribalgt03

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 12:26 AM

ok I could'nt sleep,so I built my frame..this is not the finished frame..still lots of work I want to do to it

Attached Files

#33 tribalgt03

tribalgt03

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 12:34 AM

gotta fix that higher notch,im to tired to mess with it ..maybe tomorrow

#34 tribalgt03

tribalgt03

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 09:21 AM

If your interested here's a link to my 49 Merc build. I have to update the photos but you'll get the idea. http://www.modelcars...opic=63010&st=0

the merc is gangster...seen your notch and makes me want to re-do mine and measure it this time around and make templates ..lol..yes I gotta copy that idea for the model..after seeing the merc ima take this build more seriously..lol

#35 JasonFL

JasonFL

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 928 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 03:46 PM

the merc is gangster...seen your notch and makes me want to re-do mine and measure it this time around and make templates ..lol..yes I gotta copy that idea for the model..after seeing the merc ima take this build more seriously..lol

Haha, go for it. I wasnt intending on getting so detailed but as I go on I can't help but think I can make it look 20 times better if I just take it that one step further.

#36 tribalgt03

tribalgt03

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 09:50 PM

Haha, go for it. I wasnt intending on getting so detailed but as I go on I can't help but think I can make it look 20 times better if I just take it that one step further.

I think I got it this time around..lol..gonna putty it and round the corners then smooth out and add 4 link...maybe more..I had a sick idea for engine mounts and turbo mount..plus I can make a FMIC out of left over parts and putty..to many ideas..gonna get it done for sure though..I channeled body and interior..thinking of smoothing the bed too??..I could go on and on,so..lol

Attached Files

#37 tribalgt03

tribalgt03

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 01:30 PM

just a drawing idea of a paint sheme...and the turbo cut out in the hood with a danger label..exhaust on the side too..just an idea be critical...i have a lot of ideas,but just want this one to be different

Attached Files

#38 tribalgt03

tribalgt03

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 02:37 PM

I want it a flat army green possibly,but im going to do more frame work tonight,but here is another attempt..im no artist..lol..but to give people an idea of the look im going for..im sticking with the turbo through the hood idea though

Attached Files

#39 Skydime

Skydime

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,358 posts
  • Full Name:Ken Black

Posted 04 February 2013 - 06:13 PM

I'm a big fan of the look of Rustoleum Italian Olive.  IIRC it is satin though.  But yeah, the military green look is always cool.

#40 tribalgt03

tribalgt03

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:42 PM

I finally got my adjustable 4 link finished..have enough room for a 6 link..

Attached Files