#41 tribalgt03

tribalgt03

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 135 posts
  • Full Name:david lee roth

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:41 PM

I am up waaay to late,but I finally got a poseable 4 link rear finished..Im really happy it actually works the way I wanted it to..it can support the weight of the truck in pose

Attached Files

#42 tribalgt03

tribalgt03

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:58 PM

I figured out how to make functional coil overs tonight too..I think I can work them into the rear suspension and still lay frame..not sure though,but time to start adding tubing to the frame where I want my design...maybe after work tomorrow..Ive gotta pass out..

#43 tjones87

tjones87

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 354 posts
  • Full Name:Tim Jones

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:06 PM

looks good...would love to do that with the little dodge d50 truck I got...but that is way beyond my skill set...keep up the good work man

#44 tribalgt03

tribalgt03

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:10 PM

looks good...would love to do that with the little dodge d50 truck I got...but that is way beyond my skill set...keep up the good work man

thanks bro...Im still shocked..lol..did you see my picaso...haha..thats the color I want..I think its on the bottom of the 2nd page

#45 tjones87

tjones87

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 354 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:11 PM

yeah i seen it...looks like a pretty good paint scheme...will look wicked when its done

#46 tribalgt03

tribalgt03

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:13 PM

dude the camaro is lookin sick..I'll try to make a solid bumper when I start wrapping this up if you havent found one buy then..lol..I use fiber glass a lot at work,so I will try to scale it down..just to attempt it

#47 tjones87

tjones87

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 354 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:32 PM

ok cool....id appreciate it...I tried to repair the one I had made, but its too far gone. If I get the extra $12.50  I will get one ordered from modelhaus, and wait the month or so for it to come in lol...but that is a last resort....

#48 tribalgt03

tribalgt03

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 08:18 AM

I got a few things done to the frame this morning..and I tried to make my 1st shaved firewall.Im going to cut the front frame down now to make the front suspension...I want to add a tubular design,but I just cant think of anything that will look right for this build...or just keep it traditional...dunno yet..but im liking how things are turning out..the coilovers looked goofy on the rear and when they would pinch I would have to pull back out the spring,so thats a no go on the rear..may work better on the front

Attached Files

#49 tribalgt03

tribalgt03

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 09:43 AM

a few more pics

Attached Files

#50 tribalgt03

tribalgt03

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 10:19 AM

its still far from finished..just want to get all scratch work out of the way before I start working on details..I got some thin wire to make fuel lines and found some black rubber strands to make air ride lines out of..going to putty frame and paint/detail it..detail the interior...oh yea I made a pillar pod,but I need to redo it..never done a model before this and its turning into a lot of fun

#51 tjones87

tjones87

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 354 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 03:17 PM

Its coming along nicely...going to be sweet once its built. great scratch work as well...I have expanded my skills a bit doing my Camaro build..but no where near this...I don't even know where to start at attempting this kinda work, may have to get you to do this setup for my little D50 Ram lol......keep it up man

#52 tribalgt03

tribalgt03

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 04:38 PM

bro..Ive just been wing'n it...lol.. as you can see this is my 3rd and final frame..if I had a game plan i'd probly be painting by now..lol,but I like it like this..Im learning as it breaks..lol..like in real life its all trial and error,but if plastic breaks its cheaper and I always have glue and putty..

#53 tribalgt03

tribalgt03

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 04:44 PM

trust me you can pull this off too..spent 5 bucks on some evergreen plastic..measure,cut and glue..well at least im measuring it now..lol..I wasnt to serious at first..then I seen the detail of some of these other people and thought wow modeling can get really detailed...I think my hands are to big for that kinda stuff..but im trying anyway..lol

#54 tribalgt03

tribalgt03

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:01 PM

its late once again,but I got a little more done to the back...I wanted to chop off the front and get to work on the front suspension...then I had this idea and this is the end result

Attached Files

#55 tribalgt03

tribalgt03

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:18 PM

one more pic with bed

Attached Files

#56 Davewilly

Davewilly

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,793 posts
  • Full Name:Dave Wilmore

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:04 AM

Looking great so far..keep up the great work!

#57 tribalgt03

tribalgt03

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:39 AM

Little slow at work and found one of my old s10 pics of my many s10s..lol...this was a junkyard money maker..we called it the redneck rocket,because we usually raced fox mustangs...the one behind me in the profile pic is one of the few it was a high 11 daily driver..never consistant on the bottle 12.20's was the average,but this s10 I never got to the dragstrip we just did a lot of grudge matches with it on Reno & Sara Rd in Oklahoma City...google maps it and you can see where the street is prepped like a dragstrip by the valvoline plant..lol....always around 1 to 4am lots of older guys went there with put up or shut up money during winter when tracks were closed,so this little s10 went a few rounds then I sold it...No speedo....just the necessities..lol..this build reminded me of this one that I totally forgot about..the 5.0 I wanted it to look like BLAH_BLAH_BLAH_BLAH..it was just more fun on the street that way..lol..ended up taking that driveline out of it and installing it in a caged car..I had a hollowed out toolbox nitrous bottle cover too..lol

Attached Files

• Attached File  ls10.jpg   55.12KB   25 downloads
  • Attached File  dlf1.jpg   47.15KB   25 downloads
  • Attached File  s102.jpg   32.99KB   23 downloads
  • Attached File  l.jpg   33.78KB   10 downloads

Edited by tribalgt03, 06 February 2013 - 11:10 AM.

#58 tribalgt03

tribalgt03

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:47 PM

here is some more work done to the front..I also want it to be functional like the rear

Attached Files

#59 tjones87

tjones87

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 354 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:06 PM

looking better every time I check this thread out....I have put all my builds on hold...cant seem to get the motivation right now....

on another note...My car maybe up for sale in a few weeks...lol thought I'd give ya the heads up lol

#60 JasonFL

JasonFL

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 928 posts
  • Full Name:Jason Brackney

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:23 PM

Everything's looking real good. I like what your doing with the rear end set up, your moving right along. Keep it going.