#21 RocknRolla

RocknRolla

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts
  • Full Name:Matt Porter

Posted 13 February 2013 - 07:22 AM

I used the salt technique bud,primed the parts in a rusty colour then i matte varnished them after it had dried,then i used an atomiser and lightly misted the parts with water then sprinkled salt on,let that dry off then i top coated over that,just a couple of light coats of paint,let that dry then just brush it off!  I left it for a day and i then went in with the sponge and added some more rust effects then gave it a light wash! Hope that helps man :)

thats awesome..how do you do that..I want to try it out

Edited by RocknRolla, 13 February 2013 - 08:39 AM.

#22 RocknRolla

RocknRolla

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 11:33 AM

I just wanted to see what it looked like with the bumpers on,nothing is glued yet ! 

Attached Files

#23 RocknRolla

RocknRolla

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 06:18 AM

My first wired engine,just got the headers to do and add the plug boots plus coil !

Attached Files

#24 RocknRolla

RocknRolla

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 10:24 AM

Its 99.99% finished,hope all you guys like it! 

Attached Files

#25 Tom Geiger

Tom Geiger

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,477 posts
  • Full Name:Tom Geiger

Posted 19 February 2013 - 10:33 AM

I'll give 'er the thumbs up!   I especially like your seat cover.  How did you make that? Where did you find the fabric with the stripes in the right scale?  Very cool.  I also like your black pickup bed floor.  Note that Chevrolet  painted those boards black at the factory. Everyone who has done them in shiny wood has over restored / customized their truck.

One suggestion I could make would be to include the heater hoses.   See them on the left side of the below photo:

IMG_2129-vi.jpg

Mine stand a little too tall though!  There is also a hose from the power brake booster from the intake manifold.

#26 RocknRolla

RocknRolla

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 12:44 PM

Cool thanks for showing me 

I'll give 'er the thumbs up!   I especially like your seat cover.  How did you make that? Where did you find the fabric with the stripes in the right scale?  Very cool.  I also like your black pickup bed floor.  Note that Chevrolet  painted those boards black at the factory. Everyone who has done them in shiny wood has over restored / customized their truck.

One suggestion I could make would be to include the heater hoses.   See them on the left side of the below photo:

IMG_2129-vi.jpg

Mine stand a little too tall though!  There is also a hose from the power brake booster from the intake manifold.

Thanks for the pic,as soon as i get some hose i will add them! The seat cover is just a piece of A4 paper,found an image on Google and printed it off,i think the measurements were 2 inches by 4 1/2 inches. Thanks bud

#27 tribalgt03

tribalgt03

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 135 posts
  • Full Name:david lee roth

Posted 19 February 2013 - 01:24 PM

im gonna try it on my old frame

#28 RocknRolla

RocknRolla

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 06:52 AM

im gonna try it on my old frame

Thats the way to do it man,let me know how you get on!