Model Cars Magazine Forum

51 Henry J Sedan Delivery

Olds Rocket 88

What a badazz looking ride. I really love the Honest Charley decals since I grew up in the Chattanooga area. I'm only 10 miles from the new Honest Charley's shop. I was a regular drooler at both of Honest's original shops here in the Chattanooga area.

I see a lot of "street rods" and that sort of thing here with absolutely no inner fenders... the tires completely open to the engine compartment. Is that the way they're done in real life? Or a common modeling mistake?

it's fairly common (IMHO), not so much a "mistake" so much as the modeler either doesn't know to put inner fenders in or doesn't want to take the time to make or adapt a set to fit.

I think it's because a lot of kit makers don't bother to make inner fenders or don't make them separate so the can be bashed onto something else.

it's fairly common (IMHO), not so much a "mistake" so much as the modeler either doesn't know to put inner fenders in or doesn't want to take the time to make or adapt a set to fit.

I think it's because a lot of kit makers don't bother to make inner fenders or don't make them separate so the can be bashed onto something else.

It's one of my modeling pet peeves... along with no mirrors on street cars and the "magic floating alternator"...

and the "magic floating alternator"...

My Geo Tracker had one of those. When my power steering started fading in and out under load, I investigated and found that the shop that recently replaced my exhaust system had unbolted the alternator for access and never bolted it back in. The only thing holding it in place was the pulley weight on the belt!

I see a lot of "street rods" and that sort of thing here with absolutely no inner fenders... the tires completely open to the engine compartment. Is that the way they're done in real life? Or a common modeling mistake?

Seems you don't know much about cars or modeling....... maybe if you can't do anything but find fault with the builds on this site you should just keep your mouth shut!

I've seen a lot of people without inner fender wells, especially in the truck scene with them slammed on the rockers. I to have done this with my fullsize bagged on 20s and I know a lot of the guys love the look of the tires being swallowed up by the fenders when you open the hood. Even in the rain it doesn't harm anything unless you have a lot of that computer mumbo jumbo junk. As for the "floating alternator" I see most people seem to just build the motor the way it is. I've never built any brackets for them nor have I done that much detail to them but that's just me. Maybe I'll have to try and attempt more detail on one of my motors.

Seems you don't know much about cars or modeling....... maybe if you can't do anything but find fault with the builds on this site you should just keep your mouth shut!

My my, a bit touchy. Harry was not ctiticizing your build per se, just asking a simple question. Posting your work in this thread automatically leaves it open to criticizm. If you do not want it, do not post.