#1 Ace-Garageguy

Ace-Garageguy

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,398 posts
  • Full Name:Bill Engwer

Posted 03 February 2013 - 07:12 AM

I asked this over on the late-model Dodge Challenger thread and got nothing, so I'll try it here.

I know almost nothing about late-model Mopars (other than how well they handle with the independent rear suspension).

So, I've got the Revell '06 Dodge Magnum SRT8 and the Revell '09 Dodge Challenger SRT8. BOTH instruction sheets say the engines represented are the 425horse, 6.1liter Hemi. Hmmmm. The engine in the Challenger is much shorter (lengthwise) than the engine in the Magnum, though the auto gearboxes are identical. I'm NOT familiar with these late-model Mopar engines, so what's up? Which one is scale-correct? What am I missing here??

PS. I don't mean the accessory drives and front cover are shorter. I mean the heads and block are shorter. If it's supposed to be the same engine, what gives? The engine bays in both models appear to have enough room for the big one. Is this another case of measuring-challenged model designers, or what?

Anybody have a 6.1 Hemi in the driveway to measure the length of the heads?

Edited by Ace-Garageguy, 03 February 2013 - 07:19 AM.

#2 Bartster

Bartster

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,647 posts
  • Full Name:Bart E Deatherage

Posted 04 February 2013 - 08:05 AM

Hey Bill, I have both those engines & the '05 Chrysler 300. The Challenger & 300 engines are the same size, so l assumed the Magnum engine is overscaled. Again, just an assumption, but the Magnum engine looks overscaled mocked up in every 1:25 body l've tried it in.
Bart