#1 raildogg

raildogg

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 317 posts
  • Full Name:Richard A Rozzi

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:50 AM

Here's something for the very wise. How many times ,on a generic 18"  auto tire, is the tread pattern repeted. How many times is the circumfrence divided?. How many times for a ground contact tractor tire?. These are the things that bug me to no end. Does anyone know where to find a measured blueprint of a generic auto tire and a ground contact tractor tire??

#2 Scale-Master

Scale-Master

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,820 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 12:38 PM

I am in the process of making a master for a tire. The one I am making has 30 tread blocks running the circumference.  That means they are 12 degrees apart.

Since my tire is a 205/50R15 I can't say if a larger or smaller tire has the same size blocks, but more or less of them, or if all the tires in this particular series share the mathematical equation.

#3 mnwildpunk

mnwildpunk

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,901 posts
  • Full Name:Dave isle

Posted 07 February 2013 - 08:04 AM

Very interesting queation now I want to know.

#4 Terry Sumner

Terry Sumner

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,456 posts
  • Full Name:Terry Sumner Sr.

Posted 08 February 2013 - 02:24 AM

Richard my friend..I do not mean this in a mean or demeaning way...but this bugs you to no end? :D   There sure are a lot of other things that bug me to no end but the tread pattern on a tire sure isn't one of them!  Having enough money to pay the bills....my wife's ill health....how much in taxes I pay....things like that are things that bug me...  LOL

#5 raildogg

raildogg

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 317 posts
  • Full Name:Richard A Rozzi

Posted 08 February 2013 - 03:52 AM

Hey man no problem. Used that as a euphemism in the context of modern verbal parlance. I have tried to model in 3d a tire with the treads on it and have come up wanting, so I was hoping for help with stats and technical stuff. It's really hard to tell to the casual observer. WOW, LOL, LOL

Edited by raildogg, 09 February 2013 - 04:53 AM.