#1 sk8erdave

sk8erdave

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 27 posts
  • Full Name:David Allen

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:15 AM

Hi, after a break I;m back on the cars after also getting back into gamesworkshop models.

I plan to get many unfinished builds done as they've been sat for a couple years. Im 24 this year and need to catch up and finally get my skills to what i know i can do.

I got an idea in my head and started buying kits for the parts. One of them was the Revell 57 ford custom/tudor. I originally planned to steal many parts from it but i think I'm just gonna' try and get another one.

First i tunnelled the rear lights by cutting out the centre of the wing-ends so the light lenes sit on the profile left by revell :D At this point i also filled where the handles and badges would go as well as some panel gaps.

Corby-20130120-00241_zpsf7cb93ae.jpg

the headlights will be tunneled also, done by leaveing the stock bezel in the box and dropping the chrome piece and lense into the opening. Simple but effective.

Corby-20130120-00236_zpsb038ac4e.jpg

I then got some whitewalls free which are the new AMT ones that are very nice as well as some hubcaps, which I am told come from an AMT 53 corvette. I like them because they are different and look great. And like the tyres were free :D

This allowed me to hit the car with the lowering stick. 

First i had to cut away the curved profile of the inner fender as it would not let the tyre up into it. I will use plastic to take the engine bay sides back to the firewall like my Dad's 1:1 57 Fairlane 500 did (he has a 66 pontiac ventura now) Then I drilled a couple holes in the spindles and BOOM nice and low.(dropped spindlles :D)

Corby-20130126-00249_zpsa88ff596.jpg

For the rear, i cut the profile of the leaf spring and added some plastic profiled to accept the rear axle. (lowering blocks ;) )

The wheels will probably be touching the rear arches.. its a model and looks good.

Corby-20130202-00253_zps8e719531.jpg

Corby-20130202-00254_zpsf9fd1334.jpg

Heres a side shot of the stance

Corby-20130203-00255_zps148ef24c.jpg

Next I plan to either make a 54 chevy grille work or most likely make a tube grille and also finish the engine bay. After that I plan to add tuck'n'roll to the interior using half round rod. Nothing like a challenge.  I also plan to remove the bumper guards and maybe use a rear bumper from a fairlane 500.

Then I'll learn to use an airbrush so I can use alclad and other fancy paints.

My inspiration for this build is my dads precious car which he had for 16 years, my love of Kustoms and also a book I have called kustomland as well as my continuous need to get better at everything i do haha.

Dave

#2 cobraman

cobraman

Crazy 'bout Cobras!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,048 posts
  • Full Name:Ray Kurn

Posted 07 February 2013 - 11:44 AM

That will be cool !

#3 IMPALA SS 427

IMPALA SS 427