40s & 50s 3/4 and one tone wheels & tires?

• You cannot reply to this topic
2 replies to this topic

#1 impcon

impcon

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,025 posts
  • Full Name:Gary Cook

Posted 08 February 2013 - 03:56 AM

I hope that I am not over stepping any boundaries by posting this because I placed a post on the same subject on the Resin Forum but no one seems to have any suggestions.

I am considering recreating a '50 Chevy single wheel truck that my dad wned back when I was a lid. It was a heavy 3/4 or one ton cab and chassis with a deck and it had 16" or 17" single wheels and not duals. Does anyone know of a supplier of old style wheels and tires for such a truck or is there a lit that came with such wheels to accomodate the floating rear axles? Any siggestions are welcomed...Thanks in advance. :D

#2 Eshaver

Eshaver

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,881 posts
  • Full Name:Ed Shaver

Posted 08 February 2013 - 10:54 AM

Gary, outside of the Opel Blitz truck, I'm not even remotely aware of any such wheels ever kitted . Depending upon which truck you are trying to convert into a heavier model , you need a "Widely Spaced five lug " for some Ford F-3's and Model AA's . G M C and Chevrolet generally stuck to a Six lug format. A good many G M C's used eight lugs right after WWII also . I spoke to one resin caster in Canada several years ago, but I see where he soon got a dubious reputation , so I never bothered to order from him .

#3 hooknladderno1

hooknladderno1

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 424 posts
  • Full Name:David Gusky

Posted 08 February 2013 - 04:49 PM

Didn't Herb Deeks offer something like that?  You can contact him at his Ebay Store at: "Herb Deeks Retro".  Hope this helps.