#1 olsbooks

olsbooks

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 457 posts
  • Full Name:jesse corbett

Posted 08 February 2013 - 05:28 PM

Well, it had been almost 35 years since I touched one of these kits and to find the available once again was a pleasant surprise.  So, after busting the rust loose and being stuck in a hotel room in Chicago area for several months, a trip to Hobby Lobby turned up the old Diamond Reo.  With no real tools other than the bare bones basics, it turned out decent.   With what looks like it may be living in hotels for quite some time due to work, it surely beats turning into a TV addict.    

With the Reo done, I could not resist and picked up the AMT Freightliner COE.  And the cab fit is still just as bad as it was 30 some years ago..LOL.

Nice trip down amnesia lane.  Thanks for a great site.  I look forward to reviewing and posting.

Attached Files

#2 JunkPile

JunkPile

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 921 posts
  • Full Name:Chuck Saxton

Posted 08 February 2013 - 05:47 PM

Welcome to MCM.  Your build has some nice details.

#3 olsbooks

olsbooks

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 457 posts
  • Full Name:jesse corbett

Posted 08 February 2013 - 06:52 PM

I must laugh.  I had never "zoomed" my pix like your site allows until I posted and came back in to "admire my handiwork" . Where did all those scratches come from?  And man am I shaky with the toothpick!  Oh well.  Putting it under the microscope like this creates the opportunity to do better and regain skills.  Again, great site guys!  Thanks for reintroducing me to hobby long forgotten.

#4 Chris guthro

Chris guthro

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 681 posts
  • Full Name:Chris

Posted 09 February 2013 - 02:54 AM

Thats a cool looking color scheme, im waiting for brad keselowski to come around the corner in the miller light 22 lol

#5 farmer1

farmer1

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 161 posts
  • Full Name:Randy McCann

Posted 09 February 2013 - 02:04 PM

Welcome back to the hobby, I was away for a long time too, now you'll find me in the model room way more  than in front of the tv ! There is a lot of inspiration and talent here to see, and be sure to show us your next one.

#6 Renegade

Renegade

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 292 posts
  • Full Name:Terry Schmalriede

Posted 09 February 2013 - 02:17 PM

Great job. You do a better job in a motel room than I do at home with all my supplies. Know what you mean about the F/L COE. Half way through my build and several fit problems have popped up. Being the glutton for punishment I am have also ordered the Pete and KW Coe.

#7 kilrathy10

kilrathy10

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,691 posts
  • Full Name:JT Williams

Posted 09 February 2013 - 05:51 PM

Dude, that looks GREAT!!!! Especially since you have to do it in hotels....Way to go, Man!!!

#8 slusher

slusher

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,554 posts
  • Full Name:carl slusher

Posted 11 February 2013 - 03:49 AM

Nice build...

#9 ghoodii

ghoodii

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts
  • Full Name:georgeHood

Posted 12 February 2013 - 01:04 PM

Not a stranger to motel room building, my wife had three seperate classes in Kentucky for 5 days each. Being the good husband, I drove her there from Virginia, and went prepared to occupy myself while she was getting educated. Although, I usually build with the TV on,  I  did some pretty good building to the amusement of the staff at the Country Inn and Suites.  It is a great past time, welcome to the forum.