#1 Erik Smith

Erik Smith

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,771 posts
  • Full Name:Erik Smith

Posted 10 February 2013 - 06:30 PM

I am building the Hemi from the Revell '41 Willys and trying to get some basic detail - I can't figure out where the fuel pump is or where the fuel comes from. I would like to run the fuel from a Moon tank to the blower - google searches have been in vain (about an hour looking at "392 Hemi" hasn't shown where the fuel comes from).

From what I can tell, the model engine has a water pump on it - so can I run a front mounted pump off that? Where does the fuel come from? I see lines going of the back of the engine.

Any help is much appreciated.

#2 High octane

High octane

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,048 posts
  • Full Name:Nick

Posted 10 February 2013 - 07:06 PM

Yes, on one of my Willys builds I used a front mounted pump connected to the water pump. From the pump I ran a line to a fuel block in front of the injectors and then a seperate line to the side of each injector. I hope this helps.

#3 Ace-Garageguy

Ace-Garageguy

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,425 posts
  • Full Name:Bill Engwer

Posted 11 February 2013 - 04:42 AM

The fuel injection pump is driven from the front cover on most blown applications. It's the thing with the fittings and hoses all over it below the blower-belt idler pulley. Fuel comes from a Moon tank, to the pump, up to the injector, back to the tank.

hrdp-1301-09+the-project-200-mph-reunion86515775.png

Edited by Ace-Garageguy, 11 February 2013 - 04:45 AM.