I recently finished this up. Watching a friend's 24 hour build got my butt into gear and I figured that if he can do everything he can do in 24 hours, I had no excuse to not get my car done that day.
This kit wasn't too bad. Missing only a couple of pieces, but I had spares in my stash so I didn't have to make a single part - that was nice for a change. Everything I needed came from the extra '64 Plymouth I had. On to the pics:
It's funny how you miss some things until you take a picture. It's also funny how you miss some things when you're rushing to be finished. While I did remember to paint the headliner, I forgot the insides of the fenders - I still have overspray there! Doh!!
Anyway, here's a pic of the underside:
A shot of the engine compartment - thanks to my friend Tom for the inspiration to put mesh over the velocity stacks and thanks to my wife Kathi for (sort of) allowing the use of a reusable coffee filter which is no longer reusable:
A friend of mine had an old '64 330. I always thought the front end was butt-ugly. Her car was puke green in color, so I used to call it her "swamp doggy". Well, Here's a closeup shot of the swamp doggy front end - I'll leave it to you to decide how ugly it is for yourself:
Here is the interior. I tried out acetate gauges for the first time on this under dash pod - they are different
Finally, here's one last parting shot at the car before it literally goes under glass: