Off Topic...my weight loss....PHOTOS 3/17/2013....

Done losing!!!

• You cannot reply to this topic
48 replies to this topic

#21 Harry P.

Harry P.

MCM Ohana

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,696 posts
  • Full Name:A mere layman...

Posted 12 February 2013 - 07:09 AM

Hey...she looks darn good for being 53 years old! Heck she looks good no matter what age! Except of course she is not a Weight Watchers spokesmodel...she's with Nutrisystem.

Hmmm...let's see now...me sandwiched between Jennifer Hudson and Jessica Simpson.... 

Ok, not Marie.

How about Richard Simmons instead?  :lol:

#22 Terry Sumner

Terry Sumner

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,456 posts
  • Full Name:Terry Sumner Sr.

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:00 AM

Ugh...I think I just barfed a little..... Thanks for that revolting image in my head Harry!

#23 Danno

Danno

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,014 posts
  • Full Name:Nameless Natural Luminary

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:27 AM

Terry ~  Congratulations!!  Good on you.

Harry ~ Richard Simmons?  Really?  I can't undo that image from my mind, either!  Yikes.

#24 towtruck

towtruck

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts
  • Full Name:John Goewert.

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:53 AM

congradulations man ! much easier to put on the weight than take it off... taking off the weght takes mental & physical strength...congrat's again  :D

#25 Harry P.

Harry P.

MCM Ohana

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,696 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:55 AM

Ugh...I think I just barfed a little..... Thanks for that revolting image in my head Harry!

I just ruined your appetite... therefore I'm helping you lose weight!

You're welcome!  :lol:

#26 Terry Sumner

Terry Sumner

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,456 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 12:35 PM

I just ruined your appetite... therefore I'm helping you lose weight!

You're welcome!  :lol:

Anything you can do to help right Harry?  LMAO!  ;)

#27 midnightprowler

midnightprowler

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,183 posts
  • Full Name:Lee

Posted 12 February 2013 - 12:55 PM

Congrats Terry,  The wife and I have started a progam as well, called Maximized Living.  We started the nutrition portion last Monday.  I lost 7 in a week, she lost 5.

#28 MrObsessive

MrObsessive

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,719 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 01:34 PM

Good for you Terry! That's excellent!

For those of you that know me, I went from 325-330 lbs as of May 2009, down to 245-250 today. I was up to a size 50 in pants ( :o) and triple X shirts at one point. I'm about 6' 3" and folks didn't believe I weighed that much but I certainly would have crossed the 350 lb barrier soon enough had I kept going the way I was going.

I hated the way I looked in the mirror, didn't like how my clothes fit (especially shirts) and most of all, my health was beginning to suffer as high blood pressure and high blood sugar were setting in. I'm now down to a 38-40 in pants and XL shirts, my blood pressure and blood sugar are normal, and I don't have the run down tired feeling from just simply walking up a a flight of stairs.

I can tell you that it is a daily battle with me. There are certain things I just don't touch at all during the week. I do allow myself a "cheat" day (Saturdays) where I have just about anything I want for much of the day. Come Sunday, I don't want to see it again!

This works for me, and has been working for the last 3½ - 4 years now. I've taken to heart some very good advice from and older fellow I was talking to in the gym one day and he said this................"Losing weight is part of the battle, the war is keeping it off!"

How true that is!

#29 Modelbuilder Mark

Modelbuilder Mark

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,070 posts
  • Full Name:Mark Hubbard

Posted 12 February 2013 - 04:22 PM

Way to go Terry and anyone else that has lost weight like that.  Glad yo hear yuo are gaining some health, and adding BUILDING years to your life! 

#30 FASTBACK340

FASTBACK340

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,381 posts
  • Full Name:John V. Agugliaro

Posted 13 February 2013 - 12:14 PM

I've been back & forth PM'ing Terry on this topic. When I get home I'll try to post my before & after pictures. Weight Watchers WORKS.

Dieting is one of the most challenging things I've done. Quitting smoking was easier!

#31 MAGNUM4342

MAGNUM4342

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,285 posts
  • Full Name:Kevin White

Posted 13 February 2013 - 12:26 PM

Congrats Terry! I've always disliked diets. You know what a diet is don't you? A diet is where you can eat all you want of everything you don't like! :D 

#32 Bad Apple

Bad Apple

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 127 posts
  • Full Name:Kevin Sherman

Posted 13 February 2013 - 02:44 PM

Congratulations Terry! I know how hard it is to lose weight, 5 years ago my weight and blood pressure were out of control i had ballooned up to 385 and my blood pressure was through the roof and to top it off my heart wasn't beating right! My Dr. told me flat out that if i didn't do something about the weight i was gonna die! 

That scared me enough to finally do something and i started on my wright loss journey, i went from a size 50 pants down to a loose 40 and today my weight is 229 and i still wanna lose another 10 to 20 pounds.

I credit my Dr. for saving my life and not pulling any punches just laying it right out there, but most of the credit goes to my girlfriend for supporting me through it all without her i don't know if i could have done it!

Even still today it's a daily battle not to go back to my old ways of eating fast food, soda and all that other stuff that packs the weight on!

#33 Bad Apple

Bad Apple

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 127 posts
  • Full Name:Kevin Sherman

Posted 13 February 2013 - 02:48 PM

I've been back & forth PM'ing Terry on this topic. When I get home I'll try to post my before & after pictures. Weight Watchers WORKS.

Dieting is one of the most challenging things I've done. Quitting smoking was easier!

Your not kidding John, it's probably one of the hardest things i have ever done, but it was all worth it!

When i met you a couple years ago, i was close to my heaviest point i'm almost half the size now from what i was then.

#34 Terry Sumner

Terry Sumner

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,456 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 03:30 PM

It would appear that I am not alone in this journey. Congrats to you other fellows who have taken the plunge...keep at it. I for one intend to never let myself go again!

#35 LoneWolf15

LoneWolf15

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,299 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 03:51 PM

Yo ! Gramps !

Congrats on the weight loss , proud of ya ! As to the female " sandwich " ? The next thing to get sandwiched will be your head .... Between two of the pretty blonde lady's skillets !

Ps .... I mailed her two 16" cast iron skillets to create an optimum intense effect ! Oh , by the way , you're welcome ! Lmao !

#36 oldcarfan

oldcarfan

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts
  • Full Name:Gary

Posted 16 February 2013 - 05:16 AM

Hey congrats! My wife finally had lap-band last year and she has lost almost 100 pounds. Now she wants me to lose 20 or so pounds!

#37 Terry Sumner

Terry Sumner

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,456 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 03:47 PM

Well I'm just about done with losing weight!  I weigh exactly 210 now and most of my friends are telling me to not lose any more!  I feel pretty darn good now but I'd still like to tighten up the 'ol midsection some more. I see my Doctor on Thursday so we will see if he thinks I'm good at 210 or not.

The left side was almost 7 months ago...back in August of 2012. This was one of 2 photos that shocked me into going on this weight loss journey. And of course on the right is me today....minus 47 pounds!     Pic was taken on St Patty's day. 

Beforeandafter-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

Edited by Terry Sumner, 19 March 2013 - 03:50 PM.

#38 Harry P.

Harry P.

MCM Ohana

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,696 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 04:22 PM

Nice work!

#39 CrazyGirl

CrazyGirl

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 737 posts
  • Full Name:Anne Smith

Posted 19 March 2013 - 04:34 PM

congrats !!! nothing tastes as good as thin !!

#40 uncle potts

uncle potts

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 440 posts
  • Full Name:paul cowell

Posted 19 March 2013 - 06:42 PM

Congrats on the weight loss. I currently look a lot like the pic on the left. The wife just mentioned a couple of weeks ago that I needed to do something about my size. So we're starting WW ourselves. She lost 60 lbs a couple years ago on it, now its my turn. She needs to drop another 20-30, I need to drop 50. Feels like I'm getting ready to climb Mt Everest.