#1 MsDano85gt

MsDano85gt

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,052 posts
  • Full Name:Daniel Conway

Posted 11 February 2013 - 04:20 PM

Especially mustangs! Any ford guys ever thought of making a "mach. 1" from the revell 99' cobra? Looks as though the revell gran torino gt kit has a perfect looking shaker hood setup I need to compare book pictures of cobra hood vs mach 1 hood I think it could be done without too much modification hardes part would have to be wheels?

#2 Blown03SVT

Blown03SVT

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 457 posts
  • Full Name:Eric Terry

Posted 12 February 2013 - 02:58 AM

There are some pretty major differences here. The hood is very different between a 2004 Mach 1 and a 99-01 Cobra. The Cobra has a reverse scallop faux heat extractor that is recessed, where the Mach 1 has a domed hood similar to the 03-04 cobra to clear the shaker scoop. That and the front bumper lower valance is drastically different. The Cobra has gill type fog light opening and flares up higher. The Mach 1 has the GT front bumber valence. As for the wheels I imagine you could use something like Pegasus tires with the spun aluminum wheel barrels (sleeves I think they are called) with a Magnum 500 wheel which would give the look but still would be a little deep compared to the shallow factory Ford rim on the Mach 1. I have pictures but I do not have a Photo Bucket account. Not sure how to post them otherwise

Edit... I bothers me that there have been so many great Mustangs in the past 10 years and just a few have been kitted. Wish they consider modifying the tool for the 99-01 style Cobra to a Terminator 03-04, and a Mach 1. Also waiting on the "new" (since 2011) 5.0 in kit form, maybe even a Boss 302.

Edited by Blown03SVT, 12 February 2013 - 03:02 AM.

#3 MsDano85gt

MsDano85gt

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,052 posts
  • Full Name:Daniel Conway

Posted 12 February 2013 - 04:42 AM

I agree completely none of the mainstream good mustangs are ever kitted. Muy favorite being 85-86 gt although I'?e discovered how to piece one together from various bmpc kits (expensive to do collecting up all the old mpc kits) they never really did a 82 "boss is back" stang although a 79 pace car can make a 82 gt perhaps yes the mach 1 and the new cyote 5.0 who's going to fill the holes? What about fox saleens? Those were wicked cool!