#41 Danger

Danger

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 103 posts
  • Full Name:Adam Grainger

Posted 19 February 2013 - 11:14 AM

I too would like to know why Harry thinks it's good that the Camaro "will once again be built right here in the good old U.S. of A." I live in the area where these cars are built in Canada and several friends are will be losing their jobs due to the production shift. So Harry, Do you like putting Canadians out of work?

#42 Harry P.

Harry P.

MCM Ohana

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,853 posts
  • Full Name:A mere layman...

Posted 19 February 2013 - 11:43 AM

I too would like to know why Harry thinks it's good that the Camaro "will once again be built right here in the good old U.S. of A." I live in the area where these cars are built in Canada and several friends are will be losing their jobs due to the production shift. So Harry, Do you like putting Canadians out of work?

Apparently you have the magic ability to read words that aren't really there. Care to point out exactly where in my post I said anything about whether it's a good thing or a bad thing that Camaro production is moving to the states?

I wasn't making a commentary, I was posting a FACT that I read on an online news site. How you see that as me saying it's a "good thing" is beyond me.

#43 Custom Hearse

Custom Hearse

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,007 posts
  • Full Name:Marshall Glasgow

Posted 19 February 2013 - 02:53 PM

"And the man in the back said 'Everyone attack',

And it turned into a Ballroom Blitz,

And the girl in the corner,

Said 'Boy I wanna warn ya',

And it turned into a Ballroom Blitz"... :rolleyes:

#44 martinfan5

martinfan5

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,431 posts
  • Full Name:Jonathan Stephens

Posted 19 February 2013 - 03:18 PM

"And the man in the back said 'Everyone attack',

And it turned into a Ballroom Blitz,

And the girl in the corner,

Said 'Boy I wanna warn ya',

And it turned into a Ballroom Blitz"... :rolleyes:

Go figure right, something good can be turned bad by all the talking heads on here :lol:

#45 Custom Hearse

Custom Hearse

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,007 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 03:34 PM

Just can't believe how a simple post can go to Haities in a handbasket so quick... Ya have my sympathies Harry...

#46 Deano

Deano

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts
  • Full Name:Dean Eubanks

Posted 19 February 2013 - 07:52 PM

And a lot of US autoworkers lost their jobs when the Camaro moved from Van Nuys, CA to Canada in 1993 so your point would be exactly what?

#47 Custom Hearse

Custom Hearse

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,007 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 04:08 AM

EXACTLY! Thank you Dean...

#48 mistermodel

mistermodel

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 557 posts
  • Full Name:KEVIN YORKE

Posted 20 February 2013 - 06:17 AM

And a lot of US autoworkers lost their jobs when the Camaro moved from Van Nuys, CA to Canada in 1993 so your point would be exactly what?

the difference is gm asked for and recieved canadian/ontario government money in return for worker job security

#49 Elliot949

Elliot949

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 297 posts
  • Full Name:Dan Johnston

Posted 20 February 2013 - 06:23 AM

Evidently, some people don't care that this means more jobs for Americans, or don't understand that we live in a global economy. We in Tennessee are enriched for the many jobs that are provided by Nissan and VW, plus parts manufacturers like Denso, among many others. Wake up. Or maybe we should petition GM not to change anything because we're not going to like it anyway.

LOL... get serious...

#50 JM485

JM485

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 517 posts
  • Full Name:Josh Mouzakis

Posted 20 February 2013 - 06:47 AM

Realy guys, this is getting rediculous.  Harry never said anything about being happy canadians are out of work or anything like that, he just posted that an AMERICAN car is being built once again in AMERICA.  What is so difficult to understand about that?  This entire thing is being blown WAY out of proportion. 

#51 Danger

Danger

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 103 posts
  • Full Name:Adam Grainger

Posted 20 February 2013 - 08:13 AM

Harry, reading between the lines it sounded like you were gloating a little bit about the production moving to the USA. Would you post the same article if the production was moving from New Jersey to Ohio? I don't think so.

#52 Harry P.

Harry P.

MCM Ohana

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,853 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 08:42 AM

Harry, reading between the lines it sounded like you were gloating a little bit about the production moving to the USA. Would you post the same article if the production was moving from New Jersey to Ohio? I don't think so.

Production moving from New Jersey to Ohio wouldn't be nearly as big of a story as production moving back to the US from Canada. The reason I posted in the first place is that I didn't even know that all Camaros are built in Canada. I had no idea that was the case, it was news to me, and I figured I'd pass along the info. No "reading between the lines" was necessary... although I find it odd that the people who did that and assumed that I was bashing Canada are all from Canada. Maybe you guys don't like the move, but how does me simply passing along a news item make me a Canada basher? Maybe you guys need to stop reading between the lines and just read the lines.   :rolleyes:

#53 mistermodel

mistermodel

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 557 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 08:58 AM

I never thought you were bashing canada on or between the lines.I just chimed in because GM is hosing Canada

#54 Guest_Johnny_*

Guest_Johnny_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 February 2013 - 02:39 PM

Now had they been opening a new plant in a right to work state......................................................................... :rolleyes:

#55 martinfan5

martinfan5

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,431 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 04:00 PM

I am still a little confused why you guys are getting pissy about GM moving production back to the states,  I would think that it would be a good thing, but I guess I dont anything

Edited by martinfan5, 20 February 2013 - 04:00 PM.

#56 Harry P.

Harry P.

MCM Ohana

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,853 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 04:03 PM

I am still a little confused why you guys are getting pissy about GM moving production back to the states,  I would think that it would be a good thing, but I guess I dont anything

It's the Canadian guys that are upset.

#57 martinfan5

martinfan5

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,431 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 04:06 PM

It's the Canadian guys that are upset.

Thanks for clearing that up,  its just became one big blur of moaning :lol:

#58 mistermodel

mistermodel

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 557 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 04:55 PM

and the american public was dancing in the streets when so many manufacturing jobs went to mexico

#59 Custom Hearse

Custom Hearse

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,007 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 04:55 PM

its just became one big blur of moaning :lol:

It's not that Johnathan...

It's...

It's...