5 replies to this topic

#1 37 caddy

37 caddy

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 03:25 AM

Hi All, my grandson and i are building a Jolly Roger ship model,on the box it says you can paint it to glow in the dark,Where can i find this type of paint,there is no part numbers on the box for it?.I work in a bodyshop.and have never come across it anywhere.Any help is appreciated. Thanks Harvey

#2 wisdonm

wisdonm

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 546 posts
  • Full Name:Don Mueller

Posted 13 February 2013 - 03:53 AM

Michaels sells it, probably Hobby Lobby too. Be sure to use a coupon. In the spray paint section. Would be surprised if ACE didn't carry it, but they don't have coupons.

Edited by wisdonm, 13 February 2013 - 03:54 AM.

#3 37 caddy

37 caddy

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 06:36 AM

Hi there,thanks,i will check out micheals,we dont have a hobby lobby here. Harvey

#4 MAGNUM4342

MAGNUM4342

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,285 posts
  • Full Name:Kevin White

Posted 13 February 2013 - 07:51 AM

There's a good glow-in-the-dark paint in the craft section at Wal-Mart as well if the craft store doesn't pan out. Just watch the labels and don't get fabric paint. Otherwise the ship will wind up looking like it's covered in snot! :lol:

Also, keep in mind that GID paints all but dissapear when they dry, so check it in the dark after each coating until you get the look you like. :)

#5 Chuck Most

Chuck Most

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,250 posts
  • Full Name:Charles Donald Eric Richard Jules Kasim Most

Posted 13 February 2013 - 08:41 AM

I've had good luck with the Krylon 'Glowz' paint. It comes in 6oz spray cans and sells in the neighborhood of six to eight bucks, depending on where you get it. I've seen it in some department stores in the craft section, and most well stocked hobby shops should have it, or at least be able to order it for you. Stock number is 3150.

#6 MAGNUM4342

MAGNUM4342

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,285 posts
  • Full Name:Kevin White

Posted 13 February 2013 - 08:43 AM

This is what I use. It comes in three colors. Pink and Orange are the other two. I think the yellow looks more ghostly.

IMG_2916.jpg