Model Cars Magazine Forum

Ford Mustang GT500 - 8 year old daughter!

106miles

Hi all. My 8 year old girl completed this Revell Mustang. It is her first model (I helped just a little). The only pink paint I had was some ancient brush-on Pactra paint. It was brushed on, sanded, and clear coated! She did a great job with the decals too. She wants to get another model, which is cool.

DSC09451_zps6626f8f0.jpg

DSC09450_zpsca6eea5a.jpg

DSC09458_zpscbb6a937.jpg

Big Tumbs up for the young lady and her pink stag. And you dad quick give her her next build. The girl got talent. To day its just so nice to see that naot all the kids are like prefab is the only way. Send my warmest congrats to her on a job well done.

VERY nice job smoothing out that paint. Looks like it could be a Mary Kay promotional car!

She's a beautiful young lady, and did a very nice job with that. Keep her building something- cars, planes, ships, figures. Kids don't work enough with their hands anymore and have lost the art of appreciating delayed gratification. Keep her at it, and she can point the way to her school mates and friends that instant satisfaction isn't all that great.

As Rob said, that winning smile says it all. No faking that.

Charlie Larkin

This is probably one of the best posts on this entire forum. It's a rare thing these days to see a parent that actually takes the time to do something like this with their child. Let alone a child of the opposite sex. Kids that get this kind of attention are the ones a whole lot less likely to go into a school and start shooting. My hat is off to you.

That's is a great job! Like other said before it's great to see a young lady take to the hobby, and great to see a parent not setting their kid in front of a tv. Keep up the awesome work, both of you, look forward to seeing her next project!!