I think this was one of the quickest builds I've done.
Probably due to the age of the kit, it had a simple chassis with moulded rear axle, tailpipes and front suspension. I made stub axles for the front wheels and got rid of the metal axle that would've gone through the holes in the engine, which I filled.
I bought some Fujimi wheels for it, but I had to grind out the rear wheel tubs to get clearance for the wider rears. The Advan tyres are excellent, with a fine asymetric tread and really nice lettering on the sidewalls.
I made an electric fan and a bracket, as the blown engine option didn't have a fan belt or fan. I added hoses to the radiator and made some bellflower type mufflers.
The vinyl roof was done with two thin lines of masking tap to mimic the seams, then 3 light coats of with 3M Spraymount, then primered and sprayed matt black. I was chuffed with the results.
Here are some pics:
I don't know why the picture doesn't show up. If I use the 'image' button to add the url, I just get a red X in a box and no picture.
thanks for looking