Model Cars Magazine Forum

72 Pontiac Grandville Update 3/9/13

montelsc

Thanks for the comments and the interest as far as casting this in resin iv asked and was told it wouldnt sell nobody would be interested in this subject well im getting tired of going to the hobby

stores and buying the same thing just a different color and theme id rather spend money on something

like this and be proud of it as for the kits your close 71 toronado nose and 69 cadi with alot of mods newts boneyard has supplied most of the parts i needed its a great place to find parts at fair prices

Edited by montelsc

You dont know who Bill Hickman is!!! well im gonna haveto tell you he drove the black charger in 1968,s bullitt and also drove the 73 grandville in 1973,s 7ups (my avatar) he also was the first on scene tow truck driver at James Deans fatal car wreck back in the 50,s Great stunt driver/actor died of cancer in 1986

You dont know who Bill Hickman is!!! well im gonna haveto tell you he drove the black charger in 1968,s bullitt and also drove the 73 grandville in 1973,s 7ups (my avatar) he also was the first on scene tow truck driver at James Deans fatal car wreck back in the 50,s Great stunt driver/actor died of cancer in 1986

I knew that you'd get the reference :D !

Hickman's probably my all-time favourite Stuntman from "the golden era" ; just an absolute genius ! He not only corrographed the stunts in Herbie the Love Bug , Bullitt , French Connection , etc. , etc. , but he also piloted the cars ! Just an amazing dude .

My favourite scene from The Seven-Ups is when the Ventura crashes hard into that tractor-trailler . Y'know why ? Because some nutjob actually drove that Ventura into that trailler's bumper ! A one-shot deal ; get it right-on or blow it completely .

Youtube *used to* have "Anatomy of a Car Chase" available ; the behind the scenes of the car chase from the Seven-Ups . Brilliant !

• 2 weeks later...

72 GRANDVILLE UPDATE Heres were im at so far coming closer to paint just cut out tail lights and interior is done engine bay is almost complete. Haveing a rear bumper issue cant find one and im not really happy with the front if anybody has any ideas for the rear send me some pics "PLEASE" well anyway enjoy the pics http://i995.photobucket.com/albums/af73/montelsc/72grandville174_zps62c4cdb9.jpg http://i995.photobucket.com/albums/af73/montelsc/72grandville178_zpsbb1ed5be.jpg http://i995.photobucket.com/albums/af73/montelsc/72grandville177_zpse136a4b1.jpg http://i995.photobucket.com/albums/af73/montelsc/72grandville176_zpscceaf91c.jpg

Micheal, i have to dissagree with those who say it wouldn't be a good seller. Personally, I think it would be a great seller! Especially if done by a reputable proffesinal caster. Maybe someone like Kris Morgan, He likes off the wall things like that. I finished a 71 MPC Pinto Wagon master for him that he'll soon be casting, and maybe if you contact him, he'd be willing to consider it. Couldn't hurt to ask IF your serious. I 'd take one just to have something unique!

Hey george how are you this came out better than expected didnt think it would get this far i could paint it but i still dont have a rear bumper if i was to cast this what would i give the whole thing or just the body and would i get it back or no never done this before actually this is also my first master. Would he make the changes like the rear bumper and the frt bumper?? Also do i get the first cast?

Contact him.....This it worth being cast in resin....Plus you get more than one back after he casts them....Contact him...PM you're number...And have him do the same...And dicuss the project with him....Kris is a very nice person.....I've spoken to him a number of Times....You're at the point to almost painting the car....So food for thought....If you mess up the paint job....You got to start all over again...I would positively LOVE to have one of these to build.

I probably would never have picked up on the windsheild, but those push-button door handles need to be corrected. I would suggest a small piece of flat styrene strip placed roughly where the existing door handles are.

The amount of work you put into this shows, Michael. Even if not absolutely 100% correct in its present state, you clearly have made a representation of the intended subject.

If those corrections are made and a resin is cast, I'll definitely buy one.

Charlie Larkin