Does Danica Patrick’s lighter weight give her an advantage at Daytona?

Danica

• You cannot reply to this topic
103 replies to this topic

#21 moparmagiclives

moparmagiclives

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,410 posts
  • Full Name:Shane Moore

Posted 22 February 2013 - 12:41 PM

Is this her first race? Im confused, is this brought up because she has won so many races ???

#22 Guest_G Holding_*

Guest_G Holding_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 February 2013 - 12:59 PM

Is this her first race? Im confused, is this brought up because she has won so many races ???

Nope...must be cause she is a she...................

#23 Agent G

Agent G

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,753 posts
  • Full Name:Wayne Gray

Posted 22 February 2013 - 01:50 PM

I typed the wrong weight, the weight for the 2013 cars is 3,050.

She has turned right, when she was in the Indy car series :lol:

Wayne, if you really want a date for when Danica will turn right in a Cup car,  it will be June 23 ;)

I just want a date with Danica!

G

#24 martinfan5

martinfan5

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,399 posts
  • Full Name:Jonathan Stephens

Posted 22 February 2013 - 02:01 PM

I just want a date with Danica!

G

Probably shouldnt tell MrsG that :lol:

I think Danno knows where she lives , maybe he can hook you two up :lol: 

#25 Danno

Danno

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,125 posts
  • Full Name:Nameless Natural Luminary

Posted 22 February 2013 - 02:13 PM

Probably shouldnt tell MrsG that :lol:

I think Danno knows where she lives , maybe he can hook you two up :lol:

Naw, she moved to friggin' Chicago or something with that skinny Stenhousefool she's dating ... and G's gotta get in line ... behind me!

#26 martinfan5

martinfan5

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,399 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 02:22 PM

Naw, she moved to friggin' Chicago or something with that skinny Stenhousefool she's dating ... and G's gotta get in line ... behind me!

Oh , I did not know, but I am also not her number one stalker , I mean er , fan :lol:

Edited by martinfan5, 22 February 2013 - 02:23 PM.

#27 Longbox55

Longbox55

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts
  • Full Name:Bill Burmeister

Posted 22 February 2013 - 03:20 PM

I think what is posted there answers the question pretty well.  I don't know one gazillionith of what Kenseth knows.  Considering both her teammates qualified top 5, I wouldn't think too much of it. 

You also have to consider the fact that both of her teammates are a couple of the heaviest drivers out there as well.

#28 lanesteele240

lanesteele240

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 943 posts
  • Full Name:Gary Steen

Posted 22 February 2013 - 03:46 PM

How do i block any post that have anything to do with this Danica patrick person

#29 martinfan5

martinfan5

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,399 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 03:48 PM

How do i block any post that have anything to do with this Danica patrick person

Just dont open any thread with her name in it :lol:

#30 zenrat

zenrat

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 883 posts
  • Full Name:Fred Maillardet

Posted 22 February 2013 - 05:13 PM

If the drivers weight was a real advantage (compared to the drivers skill) then you'd see all the team owners queuing up to hire jockeys.

#31 Lunajammer

Lunajammer

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,534 posts
  • Full Name:Mike Laliberte

Posted 22 February 2013 - 05:36 PM

I would think the only real advantage would be taking less anatomical mass into the wall. Some belt rash instead of crushed sternum.

#32 Duntov

Duntov

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,274 posts
  • Full Name:Bill Lucianno

"Mi sono perso"

Posted 22 February 2013 - 05:40 PM

YES.!!!!!!!!!... but only because the other drivers are MEAT HEADS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Think About it!!!!!!     :o)

#33 Joe Handley

Joe Handley

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,061 posts
  • Full Name:Billy Joe

Posted 22 February 2013 - 06:21 PM

Nope...must be cause she is a she...................

That wouldn't surprise me <_<

Had a customer who made a good point back when she was just running Indy Cars or just getting into NASCAR.  At the time Robby Gordon was cryin' about her being so much lighter than other, larger, male drivers like himself.  Well, this lady pointed out that while yes, Danica Patric is lighter than than most of the male racers, she doesn't have the strength to man handle a car like, say, Robby Gordon does ;)   Wouldn't matter which series either, Stock Cars are over 3000 pounds and while Indy Cars are much lighter while sitting still, all those down force generators do add weight to the cars once up to speed and will make them harder to steer.  SO yes, her being lighter does have an advantage in vehicle weight, but also can work against her when it comes to body strength in controlling said vehicle.

#34 Duntov

Duntov

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,274 posts
  • Full Name:Bill Lucianno

"Mi sono perso"

Posted 22 February 2013 - 06:39 PM

QUOTE........

SO yes, her being lighter does have an advantage in vehicle weight, but also can work against her when it comes to body strength in controlling said vehicle.

HMMMMM......I kinda heard some place that the cars have power steering and A/C.....not sure about the brakes.....  SO....(and I am NOT a NASCAR guy)........  she is still at a disadvantage?   This is a bit like the announcer who claimed that female golfers would have problems with their....ahem.... certain upper body parts getting in the way when they swing a club......  

But yeah I guess you are right.... a 5'2" 100 lb woman probably can't throw a 3000 lb race car any where near as far as a 6'2" 195 lb male can......   how stupid of me......!!!!......

Ooooops I forgot to ask....so how was it agian that "girl" got the pole position?.....  must have cheated..... probably flashed the other drivers and distracted them.....  yep.... I am SURE that was it......

Edited by Duntov, 22 February 2013 - 07:17 PM.

#35 Skip

Skip

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 557 posts
  • Full Name:Skip Ragsdale

Posted 22 February 2013 - 08:38 PM

She probably does have an advantage on a short track where the driver is on and off the gas the lighter car is going to accelerate quicker.   On a track like Daytona it's probably a moot point once up to speed they keep their foot planted.  A restrictor plate track the heavier driver/car might have the advantage as the added weight makes for added traction, 20 pounds adjusted weight probably isn't going to make a huge difference. (Figure that's around 5 pounds a tire / corner.)  The other thing to consider is that all of the cars on the track have the same issues poking a hole through the same air not just the light ones. 

Sounds like a lot of whining, if it were such a huge issue wouldn't it make sense to see a whole bunch of Nascar guys on Weight Watchers commercials and diets? 

#36 Kaleb

Kaleb

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,492 posts
  • Full Name:Joshua

Posted 22 February 2013 - 08:58 PM

I don't follow nascar, but in drag racing we figure one 100 pds equals 1/10th of a second. So no, everyone is pretty much even when it comes to the weight of the car and regulated power. When you only have around 20 to 30 pound differences it does not really matter. Besides that, the real drivers were the original starters of nascar, without all of the cpu controlled junk.

#37 martinfan5

martinfan5

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,399 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 09:32 PM

I don't follow nascar, but in drag racing we figure one 100 pds equals 1/10th of a second. So no, everyone is pretty much even when it comes to the weight of the car and regulated power. When you only have around 20 to 30 pound differences it does not really matter. Besides that, the real drivers were the original starters of nascar, without all of the cpu controlled junk.

You mean EFI?

#38 Danno

Danno

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,125 posts
  • Full Name:Nameless Natural Luminary

Posted 23 February 2013 - 03:32 AM

That wouldn't surprise me <_<

Had a customer who made a good point back when she was just running Indy Cars or just getting into NASCAR.  At the time Robby Gordon was cryin' about her being so much lighter than other, larger, male drivers like himself.  Well, this lady pointed out that while yes, Danica Patric is lighter than than most of the male racers, she doesn't have the strength to man handle a car like, say, Robby Gordon does ;)   Wouldn't matter which series either, Stock Cars are over 3000 pounds and while Indy Cars are much lighter while sitting still, all those down force generators do add weight to the cars once up to speed and will make them harder to steer.  SO yes, her being lighter does have an advantage in vehicle weight, but also can work against her when it comes to body strength in controlling said vehicle.

She may be a lot "lighter" than Robby, but she's a whole lot smarter than Robby.  Even if she was stupid. 

#39 martinfan5

martinfan5

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,399 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 10:52 AM

She may be a lot "lighter" than Robby, but she's a whole lot smarter than Robby.  Even if she was stupid. 

Thats funny :lol:

#40 MAGNUM4342

MAGNUM4342

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,285 posts
  • Full Name:Kevin White

Posted 23 February 2013 - 03:25 PM

Wieght has nothing to do with it. It's a combination of car setup and driver's skill not weight.