#1 JollySipper

JollySipper

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 429 posts
  • Full Name:TJ Charles

Posted 25 February 2013 - 08:53 AM

I have the chopped body from the Revell '49 Merc and I was wondering if it would work with the AMT Trophy Series Mercury Coupe. Also, would I be able to use the customizing parts from the AMT kit on the Revell body? Any help is appreciated.....

#2 george 53

george 53

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,855 posts
  • Full Name:George53

Posted 25 February 2013 - 09:04 AM

Tim, I've read elsewhere's where YES you CAN interchange bodies. PERSONALLY, I CAN'T tell you for sure if that's true. I DO HAVE BOTH kits at hand, so if you can give me a few, I'll go check for you.

#3 Ace-Garageguy

Ace-Garageguy

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,021 posts
  • Full Name:Bill Engwer

Posted 25 February 2013 - 09:09 AM

Because these are 'scale models', both in 1/25 scale, there should be good compatibility between the two body / frame combinations. If both Revell and AMT actually measured correctly, and divided the actual measurements by 25 correctly, and translated these 'scale' measurements to the model design correctly, either chassis should fit either body with only slight modifications.

Unfortunately, actually doing the math (though it's only grade-school level) often seems to be beyond the abilities of the model companies.

#4 george 53

george 53

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,855 posts
  • Full Name:George53

Posted 25 February 2013 - 09:13 AM

Tim, they DO interchange. The Revell has an OPEN front engine compartment, and the AMT chassis fit right in like a glove. The AMT body HAS the Engine compartment MOLED INTO the body! So that would need to be removed ,as the Revell chassis HAS the engine compartment molded to it also. Nothin to it if ya don't mind choppin plastic. But YES in a word, they DO interchange. I hope this helped. It did me! :D  :P  ;)

#5 JollySipper

JollySipper

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 429 posts
  • Full Name:TJ Charles

Posted 25 February 2013 - 09:20 AM

Thanks fellas! I was hoping to be able to combine the two kits.... the AMT has all those cool custom bits I was hoping to be able to use also....

#6 Casey

Casey

MCM Ohana

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,924 posts
  • Full Name:Casey Littmann

Posted 25 February 2013 - 01:39 PM

See post #50 here: http://www.modelcars...ic=65062&page=3