24 replies to this topic

#21 37 caddy

37 caddy

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 09:45 AM

anyone notice that the kw cabover has budd wheels,amt one had spoke wheels,also heller one looks to be a double bunk?,and the front bumper is different as well?.Also the petes look different,on looks like the small window cab,other looks like newest version?,also the conv has 225 peices,wrecker has 190 peices,i think the wrecker should have more?.I know this is all very trivial.Be nice if someone had both versions to compare them,just to see exactly what ,if anything was changed. Harvey

#22 CDA

CDA

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 157 posts
  • Full Name:Charles Allan

Posted 11 March 2013 - 05:27 PM

The 359 pictured with the trailer says 225, because it came with the trailer, and it was still the little window. I bought this kit in Germany, to build for my daughter. Its all molded in white, minus the tires, and glass, obviously. Wish I would have got the wrecker, and the K100. I hope this helped!

#23 ZIL 111V

ZIL 111V

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 307 posts
  • Full Name:P.GILL

Posted 14 March 2013 - 10:04 AM

RC2, back then surely did a run for Heller, doubt that the molds were ship over.

Heller only had to box them in their on boxes with own "innacurate" boxart...

NOTE that our french friends at HELLER made a few mistakes on the combo boxarts: the KW on boxtop is the extended 108" cab with later lower door handles & later design side grab bars/bumper!!!...different then the early 70's amt K123 kit. :o

The 359 on box art  is a 1100 cab, lower door hanles..with a divided grill in 4 section & bigger bumper!!! the AMT kit is a "small window" one....at least the artist got the "Wrecker" right! (trailers don't look like Fruehauf Reefer or Post either!!) :o  :blink:  

Remember no Chrome Parts...."shocker" when i open the box back then :o  :o  :o

Sure that Round2 as all of them.

#24 Guest_Johnny_*

Guest_Johnny_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 March 2013 - 05:48 AM

I traded the ones I had built a while back. I had the Pepsi Combo (KW Cabover and trailer) and the Pete tractor.

Both built up well out of the box and were rather well detailed given their scale!

#25 scummy

scummy

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 485 posts
  • Full Name:Mark Harmer

Posted 17 March 2013 - 08:33 PM

I never really looked at these when they were on the market here in australia , then dad showed me the pete tractor he did and i saw the detail in it and have been buying them up when i see them . The hella one's killed me when i saw no chrome !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!