#41 crowe-t

crowe-t

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 510 posts
  • Full Name:Michael

Posted 24 March 2013 - 08:38 AM

Just picked up this model from fee-bay, relatively cheap, with all plans to build.  Then, I looked at it, and I'm not sure I want to build it; all the parts are there, including decals, and the bags are still sealed.  I built it as a kid when it came out, still have the built kit.  Now, I'm wondering if I want to do something else with it.

Should I trade it away?  Build it?  Box-stock or mod?  Dare I say, kit-bash it?  Strip it and use it for parts?

Inquiring minds want to know... looking for input...

I say build it.  From what I've seen of Rick's J-2000 in pictures this kit is as dead on as you can get.  

I have one of these and I plan on building it, someday.  I also have a few of the Beretta Pro Street kits but never picked up the Corvette.

I just purchased a sealed autographed model of this From Rick Dobbertin... He is a really cool guy... Rick and I have exchanged alot of emails over the last few weeks... The 2000 was sold to a guy is Chicago... it since sold again at Auction and remained in Chicago... Here are a few Quotes from Rick:

"The car is is Chicago. I sold it years ago and it was just sold again. I believe it went for $350,000.00."

"There is a huge Pro Street reunion in DuQuoin this June and the J-2000 is supposed to be one of the big features." 

This is what he says he is working on now...

"An old 1979 Manta Mirage kit car... simple and really fun to drive. Like a go-kart on the street. -Rick"

That's really cool to have but you can never build it.

Edited by crowe-t, 24 March 2013 - 08:39 AM.