#21 gtx6970

gtx6970

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,847 posts
  • Full Name:Bill Allphin

Posted 01 March 2013 - 02:24 AM

The white car has been for sale for the a long time and always been at 2 times what it's worth.

The red 1971 car is ( IMO ) a much better buy and investment

#22 Rob Hall

Rob Hall

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,889 posts
  • Full Name:Robert Hall

Posted 01 March 2013 - 03:12 AM

So ah... Do you have any plans to sell 1 of those '70 MPC 'Cuda's?? I have enough pennies for 1 of those ;-);-);-).... :-)
After i win the lottery ( before Saturday hopefully ) i'll let you go for a ride in my newly purchased, very first, Hemi Cuda! :-)
Cheers Cliff

Alas, I only have one each of the MPC '70 through '74 annuals (one of each year).   Plus 4 of the '80s issue '74 (molded in blue) w/ resin parts that I started converting to '70 variations (T/A, Hemi, etc), and the '80s issue '74  Pro Street (molded in orange) kit.  My '70 annual is pretty well built w/ a vinyl top (bought it built off eBay back around 2000).

#23 Harry P.

Harry P.

MCM Ohana

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,322 posts
  • Full Name:A mere layman...

Posted 01 March 2013 - 07:32 AM

The white car has been for sale for the a long time and always been at 2 times what it's worth.

And that statement is based on what, exactly?

What it's worth (what anything sold at auction is "worth") is whatever the highest bidder is willing to pay for it. "Worth" is a function of the combination of rarity and demand. If it sells for two million, then to the buyer that's what it's worth.

#24 The70judgeman

The70judgeman

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 960 posts
  • Full Name:Andy Shoberg

Posted 01 March 2013 - 07:33 AM

Here's the very last documented production Hemi 'Cuda. It was on the auction circuit for almost a year and the owner finally relented and let it go on Mecum...2nd showing. Don't remember exactly what the selling price was, but it was nowhere near what the first is projected to go for...maybe near a quarter of the price.plymouth-hemi-cuda-1971_zpsc0065633.jpg

#25 Chuck Most

Chuck Most

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,793 posts
  • Full Name:^See Above

Posted 01 March 2013 - 08:01 AM

I'll save my pennies by not buying the car. :P

#26 Dr. Cranky

Dr. Cranky

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,409 posts
  • Full Name:Virgil "Doctor Cranky" Suarez

Posted 01 March 2013 - 08:47 AM

I used to have enough pennies to do my motorcycle at one time, but this is too much.

#27 Rob Hall

Rob Hall

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,889 posts
  • Full Name:Robert Hall

Posted 01 March 2013 - 09:04 AM

For that kind of money, I'd rather invest in real estate w/ ample garage space.  And a new Challenger SRT8 Hemi, which would be way more fun to drive, IMO.

#28 gtx6970

gtx6970

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,847 posts
  • Full Name:Bill Allphin

Posted 01 March 2013 - 11:06 AM

And that statement is based on what, exactly?

What it's worth (what anything sold at auction is "worth") is whatever the highest bidder is willing to pay for it. "Worth" is a function of the combination of rarity and demand. If it sells for two million, then to the buyer that's what it's worth.

ANY sales of 1970 Hemi Cuda hardtops in the past 25 years ,,,,,,, NONE have sold for anywhere near the asking price of this car.

This car has been marketed off and on for the better part of the past 10-15 years and it's ALWAYS been priced well WELL over any known sold or asking price of a similar condition car.

The fact this car is the supposedly 1st one made has made no impression it's ever going to be worth such a significant price differential of a similar condition/equipped car.

This car is no secret out of the past . it's sat in a museum in northern Indiana for most of it life. and is well known in the Mopar community. So ' if ' were going  to sell for top dollar it would have done so a LOOOOOONG time ago.

IF it goes to a supposed 'no reserve auction' ,,, I'll bet it sells for no way near the so called advertised / marketed price .

Back when a similar condition 1970 Hemi Cuda was easily bringing in the $175-$225K range this car was advertised for $1 mil.,,it didn't sell then either .

the red 1971 is a much better car,better year , better color combination,  better condition , better investment, less mileage. and it hasn't sold either. just my opinion only

ps, wanna bet a virtual beer it doesn't sell this time around either  ?

Edited by gtx6970, 01 March 2013 - 11:13 AM.

#29 Harry P.

Harry P.

MCM Ohana

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,322 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 11:15 AM

ps, wanna bet a virtual beer it doesn't sell this time around either  ?

:lol:

You may be right that it doesn't sell... but you never know. On any given day anything can happen.

#30 rel14

rel14

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 585 posts
  • Full Name:Randy Layman

Posted 01 March 2013 - 11:19 AM

2.75m , thats called, more money then brains,,,

#31 pa3de8

pa3de8

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts
  • Full Name:Scott Banzaca

Posted 01 March 2013 - 11:29 AM

It's amazing what someone puts a hefty price on. I don't think the price fits, but hey just my opinion.

I would rather restore my own.

#32 Harry P.

Harry P.

MCM Ohana

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,322 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 02:36 PM

It's amazing what someone puts a hefty price on. I don't think the price fits, but hey just my opinion.

I would rather restore my own.

But first you'd have to have one to restore...  ;)