What is the maximum That You Will Spend on Building a Model And Has This Ever Gone Past Your Limit?

• You cannot reply to this topic
45 replies to this topic

#41 Dave Ambrose

Dave Ambrose

MCM Avid Poster

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 400 posts
  • Full Name:Dave Ambrose

Posted 05 March 2013 - 06:35 AM

I don't think I've ever spent more than $40 for a kit. But that will probably change some day. I have in my bucket list, a Lunar Models version of the Nautilus from the Disney movie. That's likely to run three figures. Then there will be the expense of installing a fire place because something like that totally deserves a mantle.

#42 gtx6970

gtx6970

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,845 posts
  • Full Name:Bill Allphin

Posted 05 March 2013 - 08:17 AM

I dont count how much I spend on any given model because you can't put a price on the relaxation and pleasure it gives me to spend time on them. That to me is invaluable. But the most I've spent thus far (mostly because the wife counted it lol) on a model was around 1300.00 and counting. That also includes the paint however as I bought it for this model.

do I dare ask what kit ?

#43 tubbs

tubbs

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,123 posts
  • Full Name:Al Matheny

Posted 06 March 2013 - 06:08 AM

the max ........ as little as posible !! i hate dropping $20 on a kit, let alone another $100 or more on aftermarket stuff. no offense to all the after market guys and to the people who do spend the cash. thier products and builds are head and shoulders above what i build. love looking at them all and scouring the resin stuff. this is a hobby i have to pretty much get by on what i have in my stash.

#44 MAGNUM4342

MAGNUM4342

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,285 posts
  • Full Name:Kevin White

Posted 06 March 2013 - 06:32 AM

I think for me it depends on the kit itself. While I might have a little fun slamming together the average kit just for fun. I do tend to go overboard with something that really trips my trigger. Like the 1/16th Petty Charger or the Batmobile to name a couple. I don't think i've ever dropped more than a $100 on any one model though.

#45 Tonioseven

Tonioseven

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,768 posts
  • Full Name:Antonio Holmes

Posted 07 March 2013 - 10:53 PM

I don't keep track. I just build them the way I like them.

#46 mr68gts

mr68gts

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 756 posts
  • Full Name:Paul Mendoza

Posted 08 March 2013 - 06:34 AM

do I dare ask what kit ?

935 Porsche with the Scale Motorsport set, plus a bunch of RB motion parts. (that total dont even include all the machined parts I made or pieces scratchbuilt)