#21 JasonC

JasonC

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 284 posts
  • Full Name:Jason Carns

Posted 27 March 2013 - 01:49 AM

Love the color and the soft drink! IIRC, MOPAR made a series of street legal HEMI Darts labeled "Baby Grands".

You're thinking of the 1966 D/Stock Dart. It had a  273 with bigger carb,hotter cam, and a set of headers in them.  They never made a Hemi Dart for the street. All LO23 Darts where sold as is and with no titles IIRC. Now you could get a 340 and 383 in the GTS in 68. Then in 69 you could get a 340 in the Swinger and 340, 383, and 440 in the GTS. But no Hemi's.

But back to this model. I love the color! And the wheel choice!

#22 gtx6970

gtx6970

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,280 posts
  • Full Name:Bill Allphin

Posted 27 March 2013 - 02:05 AM

Love the color and the soft drink! IIRC, MOPAR made a series of street legal HEMI Darts labeled "Baby Grands".

None of the 1968 LO23 Hemi Darts were never  intended to be street legal. All were marketed for and to be used in 'Rapid Accelerations Speed Trials'

When delivered to the customer , they did have something you 'might' call exhaust system, Wiper arms  but no wiper motor , no mechanisims to operate the ft windows, no heater or defroster system. So I don't think they were considered street legal.

And NO warrenty of any kind.

I'm not familiar enough with the earlier 1966 D Stock Darts to comment on them one way or the other. But like mentioned, they were 273 cars and were a far cry from the Hemi Darts

#23 jaydar

jaydar

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,093 posts
  • Full Name:Joseph J. Taylor

Posted 27 March 2013 - 04:39 AM

Man, i really love the job on this car. Not hard to thrill me with a Mopar!! Great color.

joe.

#24 Metalmad

Metalmad

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 573 posts
  • Full Name:Seth Gooch

Posted 30 March 2013 - 05:19 PM

Well I have finished polishing out the body & hood today so maybe tomorrow afternoon or evening I can start final assembly.

#25 Metalmad

Metalmad

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 573 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 06:00 PM

Got the bare metal foil on tonight.

#26 Metalmad

Metalmad

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 573 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 06:33 PM

Bare Metal Foil Done.[attachment=36065:IMG_1319.JPG]

#27 Metalmad

Metalmad

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 573 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 06:59 PM

Well got the windows installed tonight and test fitted to see if anything needed to be adjusted and of course the distributor was pushing up the hood. Did not think that it would since it was the correct distributor. Looked at it a little better and noticed the spark plug wire boots that I installed on the distributor where the problem so I just notched the hood some so now the hood sets flush. Test fitted before painting and did not notice this issue before so its another lesson learned. 

#28 slusher

slusher

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,504 posts
  • Full Name:carl slusher

Posted 06 April 2013 - 10:37 PM

Very nice color, you have done some really nice work. l always let my bodies sit 2 weeks after paint. Thats me. Looking forward to seeing the finished build posted...

#29 Metalmad

Metalmad

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 573 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 04:08 PM

Finally getting back to the Dart. Got the body on the chassie & the wheel & tire combo mocked up, changed out the rear tires so now waiting the glue to dry so I can move forward & get this wrapped up .Also looked for a new ride today also.[attachment=39218:IMG_1350.JPG][attachment=39219:IMG_1349.JPG]

#30 Eric N.

Eric N.

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 239 posts
  • Full Name:Eric Nordstrom

Posted 19 May 2013 - 04:35 PM

I liked the first one. But I love the second one! Nice color. It works well w/the stripe.

Eric