Model Cars Magazine Forum

M.A.D. models 40 woody

Thank you Jeff for posting this. This kit was done using the original master, not a resin kit of the AAM Woody. Many thanks go out to Tom Jackson for first offering his resin AAM kit. In the end we ended up with the actual master in our shop and used it. If anyone has questions please feel free to PM me.

IIRC the AAM transkit used the AMT '40 Coupe as the base model. Does this conversion also use the same base kit, or are the Revell '90s tool '40 Ford coupe and convertible kits used as the base kits?

Hopefully you corrected the seam down the middle of the top on the '40 Woodie!

The only issue with the master when I got it was the tape used to simulate the top. It was peeing. I removed it and used a textured paint rather than tape. I could not find good pice to show the correct seem. I left it without the seem and figure it is something easy for the builder to scribe in if they wish.

The only issue with the master when I got it was the tape used to simulate the top. It was peeing. I removed it and used a textured paint rather than tape. I could not find good pice to show the correct seem. I left it without the seem and figure it is something easy for the builder to scribe in if they wish.

Thanks, that would be correct without the seam down the middle - just holler if you need Woodie reference pics.