Model Cars Magazine Forum

1961 or 1960 Chrysler 300

Casually looking for a 1961 but might consider a 1960 Chrysler 300 ( hardtop or convertible ) . I know there was not one made in stryene so resin ( if the quality is up there ) WiIl have to do

Already ck'd modelhause and all they make is the New Yorker, And I really want a 300

Edited by gtx6970

There once were 1961 built resin kits, like the ones from Joe Wheat's Nostalgia Lane. Quite pricey of course as they were painted and assembled resin kits. Can't remember who made them, maybe All American Models. I don't think there currently is a 60 or 61 available in resin.

All American Models did both the '60 300F coupe and the '61 300G coupe. Long gone but they do pop up on eBay once in a while.

The Modelhaus did the 300G coupe but wasn't a good seller. The molds have been ground up.

John

Edited by john sharisky

To make it even worse, the original JoHan annuals of both these years, which are Newyorkers, have a shorter wheelbase shared with the DeSoto model. So you can't build a correct NYer either...

New Yorker and 300 need 126 inches, DeSoto has 122.