#21 raildogg

raildogg

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 317 posts
  • Full Name:Richard A Rozzi

Posted 06 March 2013 - 04:34 AM

Look all personalities asaide, the question posed is, '' where are the molds, and, why not give them up for casting again''. That's all we need to know. These are some of the most iconic kits in all of modeldom, so, which of the resin casters now in business will be willing to make them availible again, if they were able to get their hands on the molds?. In closing, I pose the opinion that, with all that's missing and needed in the industry, something positive should come from this. I only hope that some willing to do something about it will do something about it! Just my singular opinoin. No flame, rant or inappropritness intented. Thank You Guys.

Edited by raildogg, 06 March 2013 - 04:35 AM.

#22 iBorg

iBorg

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 806 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 05:52 AM

Here's what I know.......

Ron Cash passed away several years ago. His wife sold his remaining inventory on _bay a couple of years ago. He was from the Cleveland area. Maybe someone in that area has the masters. By this time any molds would have aged to the point of being useless.

Fremont Resin's (who made some great drag racing stuff) more than likely went to Reliable Resin. The owner of that outfit swore to me he had the artwork for Fremont's decals and has offered a few of Fremont's resin products. I have not talked to Joe Curtis (I believe that was Fremont's owner) to confirm this.

The point is there are several resin casters we don't support like we should......Maybe we need to wake up and place some orders.

#23 1930fordpickup

1930fordpickup

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,230 posts
  • Full Name:Andy Lemble

Posted 06 March 2013 - 11:19 AM

I thought that R&R ended up with the Ron Cash Molds. 

#24 S. Svendsen

S. Svendsen

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 958 posts
  • Full Name:Sean Svendsen

Posted 07 March 2013 - 07:52 AM

I have a "buy it when I see it policy" 'cause resin guys don't tend to hang around forever. (Modelhaus being the exception.)

#25 Ramfins59

Ramfins59

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,736 posts
  • Full Name:Richard Manson

Posted 07 March 2013 - 08:45 AM

I have a "buy it when I see it policy" 'cause resin guys don't tend to hang around forever. (Modelhaus being the exception.)

Lets HOPE that The Modelhaus sticks around for a bunch more years.  I know that I have a LOT more of their stuff that I want to get as my budget permits.

#26 LDO

LDO

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,529 posts
  • Full Name:Lee

Posted 07 March 2013 - 10:41 AM

Back in the '90s, a guy offered some phantom funny car bodies. One was a '90-(then) current Mercedes SL. Really cool stuff. I believe he passed away and his stuff is no longer available. I wish I had bought a few of them.

#27 IMSANUT

IMSANUT

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts
  • Full Name:Jim McCall

Posted 09 March 2013 - 08:18 AM

And a few from UMi

2-5-2013UMi_zps8c2e23f3.jpg

The Lola T260 is currently being reborn by a friend in England, Tony Hill. He is also repoping several Formula Canada kits, Lola T70 MK III coupe, Lola T 600, Shadow DN1 and Lola T333, and a pair of Riley and Scott LMP's. He is also working to get the master for the March GTP better known as the Red Lobster March. That one will require significant corrections....

#28 Casey

Casey

MCM Ohana

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,901 posts
  • Full Name:Casey Littmann

Posted 09 March 2013 - 08:25 AM

Back in the '90s, a guy offered some phantom funny car bodies. One was a '90-(then) current Mercedes SL. Really cool stuff. I believe he passed away and his stuff is no longer available. I wish I had bought a few of them.

Was it Freeman, perhaps? Any idea where the company was located?

#29 Elliot949

Elliot949

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 296 posts
  • Full Name:Dan Johnston

Posted 09 March 2013 - 11:36 AM

Lets HOPE that The Modelhaus sticks around for a bunch more years.  I know that I have a LOT more of their stuff that I want to get as my budget permits.

The rumor is that Don is thinking about a Semi Retirement but his kids are working to take over... That is a rumor I had heard...

#30 Freeman Cars

Freeman Cars

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts
  • Full Name:Sam Freeman

Posted 09 March 2013 - 04:39 PM

Was it Freeman, perhaps? Any idea where the company was located?

No, I'm still alive at this time.

Yes I did a lot of funny car bodies and Mercedes was one of them. I still have most of the masters. I didn't really think anybody was interested any more. I have some new stuff I'm working on that I think is pretty cool. I'm expanding more into replica stock and sports cars but I will still do drag cars.

Freeman Cars is still located in Carpinteria California. Email: freemancars@yahoo.com.

Sam Freeman

#31 jeffs396

jeffs396

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,115 posts
  • Full Name:Jeff

Posted 09 March 2013 - 05:07 PM

Now THAT'S funny right there! :lol:

Welcome Sam!!!

Looking forward to seeing what you're working on, please post pics of your goods when ready! ;)

#32 Casey

Casey

MCM Ohana

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,901 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 05:20 PM

:)  Were your ears ringing?  :D

Yes I did a lot of funny car bodies and Mercedes was one of them. I still have most of the masters. I didn't really think anybody was interested any more. I have some new stuff I'm working on that I think is pretty cool. I'm expanding more into replica stock and sports cars but I will still do drag cars.

Freeman Cars is still located in Carpinteria California. Email: freemancars@yahoo.com.

Sam Freeman

I was going on memory, as I think you used to run a 1/3 page vertical ad in SAE? I might be thinking of Mad Dog, though...should I add your company name and e-mail address to the Aftermarket Directory post, too?

Good to have you here.  ;)

#33 Steve Prideaux

Steve Prideaux

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 197 posts
  • Full Name:Steve Prideaux

Posted 09 March 2013 - 05:31 PM

Fremont Racing, did not send any molds or masters or decal art to Reliable Resin, Joe returned many of the masters, to the original makers. He still has some of the old molds that did not wear out.  A large amount of the decal art was lost to a computer crash a year or so ago. I talked to him this last week and he said that his Alps printer is no longer working.  He did indeed make some great products.  Steve Prideaux

#34 Casey

Casey

MCM Ohana

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,901 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 06:06 PM

Fremont Resin's (who made some great drag racing stuff) more than likely went to Reliable Resin. I have not talked to Joe Curtis (I believe that was Fremont's owner) to confirm this.

Fremont Racing, did not send any molds or masters or decal art to Reliable Resin, Joe returned many of the masters, to the original makers. He still has some of the old molds that did not wear out.  A large amount of the decal art was lost to a computer crash a year or so ago. I talked to him this last week and he said that his Alps printer is no longer working.  He did indeed make some great products.  Steve Prideaux

Here are some of Fremont Racing Specialties' products, including what looks like a Pierson's Brother's '34 coupe in front, a stock '47 Crosley body at the rear, a chopped Model A body, a Bantam roadster Altered body and nose on the left, a '32 Bantam Sedan "The Animal" dragster body, and a few others:

FRSbodies.jpg

'47 Crosley Altered(?) body close up:

FRScrosley1.jpg

'32 Bantam "The Animal":

frsbantam2.jpg

frsbantam3.jpg

#35 Edsel-Dan

Edsel-Dan

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,347 posts
  • Full Name:Daniel Lee Gunter

Posted 09 March 2013 - 09:43 PM

A friend in the local car club had 2 different Crossley's.

I wish I had been able to get one of those Coupe bodies/kits back then

#36 bandit1

bandit1

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,417 posts
  • Full Name:Sean W Brady

Posted 10 March 2013 - 09:55 AM

What happened to Clint Freeman Components!?

#37 Chuck Most

Chuck Most

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,912 posts
  • Full Name:^See Above

Posted 10 March 2013 - 10:17 AM

I thought that R&R ended up with the Ron Cash Molds. 

He did end up with a few of them. Ray ended up casting a few other's products after the original companies closed up. I know he still casts at least one of the old SJS bodies- the '38 IH COE. Unless that wasn't an SJS originally.

#38 ronr

ronr

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 301 posts
  • Full Name:Ron "Pops" Royston

Posted 10 March 2013 - 11:15 AM

Would I ever love to have those `34 coupe bodies!

#39 Casey

Casey

MCM Ohana

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,901 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 11:17 AM

What happened to Clint Freeman Components!?

No idea, but here's a fotki album showing what was once offered: http://public.fotki...._freeman_compo/

#40 Madd Trucker

Madd Trucker

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 560 posts
  • Full Name:Richard Ferguson

Posted 10 March 2013 - 12:45 PM

Anouther resin caster long goe is R&C Trucking they made some nice parts for big rigs Ihahve 3 of thier engines and air dryer