#1 CrazyGirl

CrazyGirl

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 737 posts
  • Full Name:Anne Smith

Posted 05 March 2013 - 10:44 AM

Hello People , i would like some info , I am going to build a 40 Ford Sedan Stock Car and i want to go totaly extreme on detail , like overboard detail , do any of you have pics of such a car showing interior detail just to get some very cool ideas , such as full tanks, instrument panel , clutch , brake and gas , you know the total works ,, Thanks , BTW if i am breaking any rules i am sorry . first time post for me ,

#2 Harry P.

Harry P.

MCM Ohana

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,360 posts
  • Full Name:A mere layman...

Posted 05 March 2013 - 03:26 PM

The only rule you're breaking is not posting your full name. I assume you'll take care of that?  ;)

#3 Ace-Garageguy

Ace-Garageguy

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,167 posts
  • Full Name:Bill Engwer

Posted 05 March 2013 - 03:42 PM

First, welcome to the forum.

Second, if you don't already know about it, there are some pretty knowledgeable folks over at Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forum. Here's a link to some '39 Ford stuff, and though the majority of the forum subjects are later than the period I think you're after, with a little searching, I'm sure you can find at least some of what you're looking for there, plus more links.

http://www.randyayer...389781dd741dbad

And racing historian Greg Fielden's book:

NASCAR, The Complete History is an updated edition of Consumer Guide s NASCAR Chronicle, a comprehensive pictorial history of American stock car racing from its moonshine-running roots to today s multibillion-dollar industry. The colorful, action-packed story is told the only way it can be told: with the full cooperation of the sport s sanctioning body, the National Association for Stock Car Auto Racing (NASCAR). The 564-page book features historic photos from NASCAR s unmatched collection, as well as rich stories about the characters, the cars, and the racetracks.

Edited by Ace-Garageguy, 05 March 2013 - 03:58 PM.