#1 jrherald420

jrherald420

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,118 posts
  • Full Name:James Herald

Posted 07 March 2013 - 03:29 AM

My wife's company has expanded into the Tennessee market and her new office will be in Smyrna Tn. Just wondering if some Tn residents can give me a heads up on good areas to live. We need to stay in that area close to her office. It's going to be my wife and I along with our 18 month old son. Are there any toddler friendly parks there? Any info will be helpful, thanks in advance.

#2 Austin T

Austin T

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,563 posts
  • Full Name:Austin Tyler

Posted 07 March 2013 - 04:26 AM

Hello I am in one of the towns right next to Smyrna, Murfreesboro. I don't really know of any good suburbs in Smyrna because I don't go there often but it is a great little town. If you do move down here and continue modeling there is a club in Murfreesboro that is great.

#3 jrherald420

jrherald420

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 05:16 AM

Oh yeah i'm not going to quit building models anytime soon. Glad to hear there is a local club down there.  I see that there is a Hobby Lobby there in Murfreesboro , how is it? Does the model section stay well stocked?

#4 Von Don Koolkat

Von Don Koolkat

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts
  • Full Name:Don 'Koolkat' Graham

Posted 07 March 2013 - 05:50 AM

There are also model clubs in Cookeville, Nashville, and Knoxvile.

#5 Greg Wann

Greg Wann

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 569 posts
  • Full Name:Greg Wann

Posted 07 March 2013 - 06:25 AM

Hi James,

If I were moving there I would contact Dave Ramsey.  Dave Ramsey is a Christian based Personal Financial guy and deep in the real estate market.  He has a radio program where people call in and ask all kinds of financial questions about the messes they have made or inherited.  They have a money guide called Financial Peace University and they can direct you to a good honest real estate person in the area as one of Dave's listed ELP's or Endorsed Local Providers.  A person really has to jump through a lot of hoops to get on Dave's list.  Dave is very rich!  So, check out there website and give them a call.  I am certain they will be happy to help you get settled in a new home or apartment and help you with your personal money matters too.  Good luck.

http://www.daveramsey.com/home/

#6 jrherald420

jrherald420

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 06:33 AM

Ill keep that in mind, don't need a whole lot of help finding somewhere to live. I've found a few houses for rent in our price range just on the internet. I just don't want to live in a sketchy part of town with my family. 

#7 ffreak

ffreak

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 377 posts
  • Full Name:Danny Edwards

Posted 07 March 2013 - 07:58 AM

There are also 2 different clubs in Chatt. Ours is the CARS  club that meet at a Hobby Lobby and also an IPMS club that meets at a HobbyTown. Our CARS group have a f/b page. There is a great HobbyTown in Murfreesboro too.

#8 jrherald420

jrherald420

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 08:05 AM

The hobby town here in Louisville is the most anti-hobby--hobby shop i've ever seen. I avoid most Hobby Towns like its the plague.     

#9 jrherald420

jrherald420

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 06:53 AM

So anybody else out there that lives close that might be able to give more insight??

#10 Austin T

Austin T

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,563 posts
  • Full Name:Austin Tyler

Posted 09 March 2013 - 06:25 PM

The hobby town here in Louisville is the most anti-hobby--hobby shop i've ever seen. I avoid most Hobby Towns like its the plague.     

The owner of the Murfreesboro HobbyTown USA ,Micheal Myers (Not from Halloween), Is a super friendly guy. I go in there and talk with him a few times a month on just about anything.

#11 jrherald420

jrherald420

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 06:31 PM

That's good to hear. I don't understand why some owners of hobby shops are not even fans of what they sell. 

#12 jrherald420

jrherald420

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 12:37 PM

Well i'm down here for today and tomorrow. I've already been to the Hobby Lobby and Hobby Town USA today. Looking at apartments is boring.