Finallly Forced a Finish ...................

• You cannot reply to this topic
5 replies to this topic

#1 Old Coyote

Old Coyote

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts
  • Full Name:John Wolfe

Posted 07 March 2013 - 07:28 AM

..... after getting totally fed up with the weather caused delays, I forced painted the chassis and remaining parts for the Paychex Ford Taurus in 40* weather ............. turned out OK but nothing to write home about .......... I guess it's a decent shelf model

pay01_zps2ea655cb.jpgpay03_zpsa44e1d06.jpgpay02_zpsea9cab2b.jpgpay04_zps97066b62.jpg

#2 MAGNUM4342

MAGNUM4342

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,285 posts
  • Full Name:Kevin White

Posted 07 March 2013 - 08:38 AM

Looks great from here. I always find stark white paintjobs to be a pain but you did quite well. In my humble opinion, you should never force finish a build unless you mean using the force! :P

That would be too cool. A model should be treated with patience and care and although you were battling weather and such, I initially thought you "forced" it just to get done. That's the opposite of what the hobby is about. Either way glad to see more NASCAR builders here. Rock on John. :)

#3 Old Coyote

Old Coyote

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts
  • Full Name:John Wolfe

Posted 07 March 2013 - 09:56 AM

Looks great from here. I always find stark white paintjobs to be a pain but you did quite well. In my humble opinion, you should never force finish a build unless you mean using the force! :P

That would be too cool. A model should be treated with patience and care and although you were battling weather and such, I initially thought you "forced" it just to get done. That's the opposite of what the hobby is about. Either way glad to see more NASCAR builders here. Rock on John. :)

I just forced myself to get up, go outside in the garage, and finish the painting ............ didn't force the model at all :D  :D

#4 martinfan5

martinfan5

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,432 posts
  • Full Name:Jonathan Stephens

Posted 07 March 2013 - 10:08 AM

Looks good John

#5 bbowser

bbowser

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,467 posts
  • Full Name:Bruce Bowser

Posted 07 March 2013 - 01:48 PM

I like it.  Great decal work as always John.  Don't see many Taurus'ss (Taurusi?) completed.

#6 dragcarz

dragcarz

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 375 posts
  • Full Name:Roger Sitzes

Posted 09 March 2013 - 02:16 PM

Looks great to me