#21 RocknRolla

RocknRolla

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts
  • Full Name:Matt Porter

Posted 07 March 2013 - 12:42 PM

X 11 This forum is a great place,ive learnt most of what i know from here and youtube ! Keep up the great work and don't let people get ya down 

#22 gluebomb

gluebomb

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts
  • Full Name:Gary R. Sauer

Posted 07 March 2013 - 12:43 PM

I would miss it, I need something to occupy my time at work.

#23 slammedi'am

slammedi'am

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,991 posts
  • Full Name:Shane Harrold

Posted 07 March 2013 - 12:53 PM

Love this forum...Great people here and everything....Ive learned a good bit my self here...Had a lot help me and Ive helped too as much as I can....

Big props to Gregg for this.... I hope this place stays around for a good while

#24 azers

azers

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 505 posts
  • Full Name:Joe l. Spitzer

Posted 07 March 2013 - 01:00 PM

I would like to add my two cents here. First though is a big thanks to greg for this forum. I enjoy your magazine and look forward to it. I buy it before i buy any others. As for the forum here, i have been on it for six months now and have found it to be a excellent source of info and a great way to pass the time at lunch. I have made a few friends and learned a lot as well. I have found items i couldnt or didnt know about from members on this forum. I look forward to reading what my other fellow modelers are up to and seeing their wip, and finished works. I think this imho is the best forum for model car builders and it would be a shame to lose it over a few bad eggs. I have also seen the therapuetic benefits through reading different postsof this forum for helping people recover from illnesses and accidents. So please keep this in mind before shutting it down if it ever comes to that. You would lose a lot of knowledge that you cant find on other forums. I enjoy reading the little quips and comments on the forum. Even harrys. So keep up the hard work. I appreciate it and so does everyone else on the forum just my two cents.

#25 Harry P.

Harry P.

MCM Ohana

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,323 posts
  • Full Name:A mere layman...

Posted 07 March 2013 - 01:12 PM

I would miss it, I need something to occupy my time at work.

Your job doesn't do that?  :lol:

#26 JM485

JM485

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 517 posts
  • Full Name:Josh Mouzakis

Posted 07 March 2013 - 01:27 PM

I would really hate to see this forum go.  I too think the vast majority of members do appreciate the time and effort that goes into a resource like this, so please don't let the ignorant few ruin it for everyone.  Thanks for all the work you put in Greg, it really is appreciated.

#27 Kaleb

Kaleb

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,492 posts
  • Full Name:Joshua

Posted 07 March 2013 - 01:27 PM

Since the forum was down, I got caught up on about three months worth of work.

#28 bbowser

bbowser

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,337 posts
  • Full Name:Bruce Bowser

Posted 07 March 2013 - 01:41 PM

I subscribe to the mag and love this forum.  Many thanks to Gregg and everyone else that keeps this thing going.  I actually enjoy reading the occasional nay-sayer, gives me food for thought.  After all, if it weren't for the crazies I wouldn't look as sane!

#29 Ben

Ben

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,928 posts
  • Full Name:Ben Wicker

Posted 07 March 2013 - 02:43 PM

I really love this forum and appreciate it very much!!!!!!!! I buy the magazine as well whenever I stop in the hobby shop, if they have it. That's usually all I do buy there.

#30 slusher

slusher

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,319 posts
  • Full Name:carl slusher

Posted 07 March 2013 - 02:53 PM

Gregg, ever since l came to this forum l have been so pleased with all the content and people. l always stay positive or keep my mouth shut. l have ms and the forum is part of my day. please keep it going and anyone breaks the rules thats your choice on how to handle it....

#31 Lunajammer

Lunajammer

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,450 posts
  • Full Name:Mike Laliberte

Posted 07 March 2013 - 02:53 PM

Gregg, your forum motivates me to build. It's members teach me how to build. Your site is the window in which I get to display my efforts. I'm certain that's the spirit in which you and Jairus started this forum, and the spirit in which the vast population here values your forum.

I'm willing to bet there are also a few callous knuckleheads in Hawaii, but you would agree they don't in any way represent the island community. This forum is still the village you hoped it would be and the vast bulk of us (less vocal) visitors are immensely grateful for your hospitality. 

#32 Ramfins59

Ramfins59

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,848 posts
  • Full Name:Richard Manson

Posted 07 March 2013 - 03:01 PM

150% agreement with ALL of the above.  Like my friend Tom says about the magazine's delivery to subscribers, (and I know not all will agree with this, and if you don't, keep it to yourselves PLEASE).  "We pay for 9 issues per year...... We get 9 issues per year... Why does it matter WHEN we get them..??"  Yes deliveries could be more timely sometimes, but deal with it already..!!  The Publisher will eventually get it worked out.

This Forum has helped so very many of us, if not ALL of us, to learn more about our hobby and to build better models.  Negative comments, snarky remarks and personal attacks could ruin this place for ALL of us.  Please, please, please do NOT let that happen.  It has been said by more than a few people here that if you don't have anything nice to say, then don't say anything.  Let's ALL play by the rules here.  Be nice and "share the Blue crayon".  Gregg's rules are common sense rules.  Besides, it's HIS ball so we "play by HIS rules".  If you don't like the rules of THIS game, go find another one.

#33 bigmikevee

bigmikevee

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 497 posts
  • Full Name:Ma-Ma-Ma....Mike Verona

Posted 07 March 2013 - 03:09 PM

PS: As we used to say in the enforcement of laws and keeping of peace game, "Illegitimi non carborundum."

I have not been on here as much as I would like lately, but I just wanted to thank Gregg and the Mods and others who work hard for our enjoyment, I am trying to spend more time on the forums because of the knowledge and community here, I would be completely saddened if Gregg had to make such a drastic decision that would affect so many good people.

Please respect the rules, and as so many have stated, his rules, don't like 'em, just leave.

Me, I am sticking around because I think Danno has some cool illegal carburetors for sale, and I would like one for my next General Lee project. How cool.

Mike

Edited by bigmikevee, 07 March 2013 - 10:00 PM.

#34 Danno

Danno

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,706 posts
  • Full Name:Nameless Natural Luminary

Posted 07 March 2013 - 03:32 PM

Me, I am sticking around because I think Danno has some cool illegal carburetors for sale, and I would like one for my next General Lee project. How cool.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Five thumbs up!

#35 Roncla

Roncla

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 408 posts
  • Full Name:Ron Clarkson

Posted 07 March 2013 - 03:38 PM

Greg has stated he is paying for this forum out of his own pocket, every month, every year and its obvious its a thankless task at times.

Some sites I belong to have a ' Donate ' which you simply click to make a donation of the amount of your choice.

Maybe this could be looked at here so we could give Greg something back and remove some of the burden he alone is carrying to host this forum.

#36 CadillacPat

CadillacPat

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 771 posts
  • Full Name:Pat Parker

So what happened??

What could possibly have happened in a post or reply that would shut the place down??

CadillacPat

#37 martinfan5

martinfan5

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,218 posts
  • Full Name:Jonathan Stephens

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Five thumbs up!

Dan, are you feeling ok?,  someone used your name and General Lee in the same sentence :lol: 

#38 Guest_G Holding_*

Guest_G Holding_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 March 2013 - 03:54 PM

I have learned more about people on this forum than in the real world....Most has not been pleasant.

Sorry for the delay, Back to praise .....

#39 rmvw guy

rmvw guy

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,513 posts
  • Full Name:Ron Martz

Posted 07 March 2013 - 03:54 PM

Every time the Forum goes down for a few hours I go into PANIC mode.  I know I'm not the only one when I start receiving emails from others asking what is going on with the forum. No other forum that I know of is this easy to navigate and when you need help someone always steps up to the plate.  Please keep it going!!!      I hope you get any problems sorted out in time.  Thanks Gregg and to all the moderators who I'm sure you couldn't do without. 

#40 OldTimer50707

OldTimer50707

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 764 posts
  • Full Name:Lee Burrows

Posted 07 March 2013 - 04:11 PM

Gregg, I joined this forum a short time ago. I left another forum because of the things you ran into lately on this forum. You are doing a magnificent job even though there are times I'm sure when you just want to give up. Don't!!!! It's because of this forum that my grandsons are taking an interest in building models. It's something we can pass down to another generation. So thank you for the hard work and dedication that you put in this forum.