Drgon63

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 279 posts
  • Full Name:Tom Valenta

Posted 07 March 2013 - 04:12 PM

Gregg...

The Awesome magazine and the incredible forum combine to make the modeling hobby one of the best experiences one can have, I look fwd to reading each and every issue of MODEL CARS and viewing all that is posted daily as i have the option of viewing not only by computer at home but by phone also and do so multiple times each day... I may not post as much as some but i do follow many threads and make positive comments when i feel that its appropriate... my opinion on someone else's builds is just that and i try to keep negative comments out of all my posts...i find it very disheartening  that there are some out there that go out of their way to bring down a good thing with negativity...i was taught a long time ago that have a room full of sad or cranky people that someone come in that's happy may bring one or two up but get a room full of happy people and bring in one bad mood the WHOLE rooms demeanor goes down....the people who look to make trouble or pain enjoy when someone reacts to their comments...so all i can do is not react....  Gregg you are one Hell of a guy for doing all you do and please keep up the GREAT work you do.... Also to Harry, all the additional moderators and all who contribute to the Magazine and the forum....THANK YOU.... GOD BLESS

#42 Hawk312

Hawk312

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 520 posts
  • Full Name:David Eicherly

Posted 07 March 2013 - 04:42 PM

I left another forum because of the things you ran into lately on this forum. You are doing a magnificent job even though there are times I'm sure when you just want to give up. Don't!!!! It's because of this forum that my grandsons are taking an interest in building models. It's something we can pass down to another generation. So thank you for the hard work and dedication that you put in this forum.

I`ll second that!! Thanks Gregg, and everyone who participates.

Though I have been here a while now, I had been an active part of other communities before coming here. I rarely contribute to those forums anymore. It seems like there is a lot more passion here...people who really like this hobby. And the layout is so much cleaner and easier to use. At any time, I will have at least 5 tabs open that are pointing to some area of the modelcarsmag forum!

#43 Albie D

Albie D

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts
  • Full Name:Albie DeFusco

Posted 07 March 2013 - 04:42 PM

I've been back into building for about a year. I got in a serious ski accident and was immobile for months. Building scale cars again kept me sane as I could not walk or go to work. After finding this site I was introduced to a whole subculture that I never knew existed, but was instantly familiar with. Since then I've dived head first into model building and never looked back. Its because of the site and the mag.

I've been a subscriber for 6 months now and have been buying back issues like a mad man to develop a library. I've got about six years of issues and probably spend more time pouring over the awesome builds, great how tos, and everything else in the mag than I do at the bench! The forum is a great compliment to the mag and is a go-to page that I visit everyday. It's a big part of my life, and I admire what you have done Gregg. You are an inspiration and I draw on what you have done and try to apply it to my daily life.

As was said before, dont let a few clueless slobs ruin your day. For every hater, there's at least 10,000 dudes in your corner!!

#44 Greg Wann

Greg Wann

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  • Full Name:Greg Wann

Posted 07 March 2013 - 05:19 PM

Would that be ditti?

I sure hope we all don't get dititis from confirming how important this board is to the modeling online world.

#45 Sixties Sam

Sixties Sam

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,387 posts
  • Full Name:Sam Stitzer

Posted 07 March 2013 - 05:29 PM

Gregg, I joined this forum in 2009 and have gathered great education and inspiration from it. You have a tough job, and you're doing it well! I think you'll find that every forum or organization will have a small percentage of drama queens (kings?), braggarts, and jerks in general. I've learned to ignore those people, and not to let them decrease my enjoyment. I would have kicked some of them out long ago. Thanks for all your efforts. Hang in there!

Sam

#46 Jamez

Jamez

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts
  • Full Name:James

Posted 07 March 2013 - 05:42 PM

I don't post much, but this is the ONLY place I go for my scale fix.

#47 hooterville75

hooterville75

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 312 posts
  • Full Name:Deron Shank

Posted 07 March 2013 - 05:45 PM

Dang, Im gone for a week or two and I miss all the action.  Maybe it was better I wasnt here for a stint ha ha.  Regardless, I enjoy this forum and am glad to have met the great people Ive became friends with from visiting this forum.  Great people, great hobby keep on building ya all.

#48 Erik Smith

Erik Smith

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,799 posts
  • Full Name:Erik Smith

Posted 07 March 2013 - 05:52 PM

I enjoy the MCM forum.  I enjoy the magazine (I buy at a local train shop).  They are both beneficial for the hobby of model cars.  

It is really difficult to point blame at one person, or two people - and it really doesn't matter.  Humans, while similar in so many ways, also differ greatly in thier ability to understand, cooperate, and see things from different perspectives.  It makes communication even more difficult when in the form of writing - there is no inflection, no body language, no way to get past what you read and interpret from that - right or wrong.  It's difficult and people who read a post or a PM need to understand that fact, step back and look at things from multiple views.  

We are all here to learn and be inspired.  We can also converse with people who like the same things as ourselves - models.  I can't go to a coffee shop and find anybody willing to talk "model".

Carry on Gregg.

#49 Skydime

Skydime

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,358 posts
  • Full Name:Ken Black

Posted 07 March 2013 - 05:52 PM

I would miss it, I need something to occupy my time at work.

I hear ya.  I work customer service, at home, on third shift.  I usually get about five calls in eight hours.  This is about the only thing on the internet that can keep me awake that long.  There's always something new and when I review older posts I've already seen, I still discover new things.  With the craziness and disorganization of most of the other online model car forums I have seen, I would go as far as to say there would be a tremendous blow to the model building industry without this site.

I can't say that I blame Gregg for his zero tolerence stance.  I'm not going to attack anyone because I try not to look at names too often when I see arguments on here.  However, maybe if a few people get banned (no one specific), then they will inform others they know from the forum and the word will spread just how serious Gregg really is.  Then maybe we can all just get back to building and appreciate our hobby along with what it brings to or draws from the world around us.

Edited by Skydime, 07 March 2013 - 05:54 PM.

#50 Patrick2005

Patrick2005

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts
  • Full Name:Patrick Myers

Posted 07 March 2013 - 05:55 PM

I know this forum is probably quite a burden at times and I am thankful for it every single day! That's why I wouldn't mind becoming a mod sometime.

#51 Tony T

Tony T

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,619 posts
  • Full Name:Tony

Posted 07 March 2013 - 06:41 PM

I love this place. Thanks, Gregg! :D

#52 RodneyBad

RodneyBad

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,497 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 06:48 PM

I just want to say I love this Place. <3

I go no where else for Models or modeling info, Just here..

#53 rel14

rel14

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 585 posts
  • Full Name:Randy Layman

Posted 07 March 2013 - 06:55 PM

I agree,, Ditto     Awesome job...

#54 XJ6

XJ6

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 490 posts
  • Full Name:Don Veihle

Posted 07 March 2013 - 07:20 PM

This is Post #54 and i agree with 54 Ditto's

Thanks Gregg for giving all of us a Home Base for this Hobby... :rolleyes:

Cheers...Don

Edited by XJ6, 07 March 2013 - 07:21 PM.

#55 Chief WeeAuto

Chief WeeAuto

MCM Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • Full Name:Mike Flynn

Posted 07 March 2013 - 07:37 PM

I've been building models most of my life, and I'm 59 years old.  I learn a lot of stuff from this form, it inspires me and motivates me, but some of us older modelers need to be teachings younger builders in a positive way,(not netigave way) Wich includes kit manafactures and people, We are model builders not demelation experts, I'm from southern California.  I remember Roddey King saying can't we all just get along. Thank Gregg for giving us a second chance  

Mike Flynn

#56 jbwelda

jbwelda

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts
  • Full Name:William Just

Posted 07 March 2013 - 08:36 PM

why dont i get this many replies on my build threads?

:P

#57 91blaze

91blaze

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 353 posts
  • Full Name:John Shull

Posted 07 March 2013 - 08:49 PM

Gregg, through all of this I hope you see how much you and this site mean to us. I thank you for all that you have given to keep this place going and hope that you continue to do so. Thanks for all you have done Gregg.

#58 mademan

mademan

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 745 posts
  • Full Name:Mike Mathers

Posted 07 March 2013 - 10:38 PM

why dont i get this many replies on my build threads?

:P

i dont even get this many views on my builds, lol

#59 Tonioseven

Tonioseven

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,732 posts
  • Full Name:Antonio Holmes

Posted 07 March 2013 - 10:48 PM

I don't frequent many forums much anymore (three actually) but this is one of them. It would be cool if some of these guys could keep a decent perspective on things and try to realize things that should and shouldn't be put on a public forum. Gregg, hopefully you see fit to let this forum continue; it IS a very good resource for us modelers. Thanks for making it happen.  B)

Edited by Tonioseven, 07 March 2013 - 10:48 PM.

#60 midnightprowler

midnightprowler

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,221 posts
  • Full Name:Lee

Posted 07 March 2013 - 11:17 PM

Thanks to Gregg and the mods for the best car model forum on the web. Two thumbs up! :wub: