#1 Ron Hamilton

Ron Hamilton

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,502 posts
  • Full Name:Ronald Hamilton

Posted 08 March 2013 - 09:01 PM

I have a thing for Chevy Novas. I have the Trumpeter kit (hardtop) under construction, which in my opinion was the best model kit that company has done.

1963NovaModels8_zps5157412f.jpg1963NovaModels7_zps7829839d.jpg

This one will be a replica stock build, with the 6 Cylinder engine.The AMT convertible will be built as a "GM Executive" car, with "Experimental" drive train mods, as well as a reworked interior, and a different wheel/Tire Combination.

1963NovaModels6_zpsa5abb2de.jpg

1963NovaModels5_zps5c5eddcc.jpg

The Cragar SS mags in the picture are not going to be used, as I have something else in mind, and the engine is going to be a surprise. The AMT '66 Nova is the source for the chassis under this one, and yes it fit with some modification. The interior is completely scratchbuilt in a style similar to the factory configuration, but would be leather in a one to one world. I Plan on this one to be Red, with a Red Leather interior. Whitewall tires will be mounted on the wheels I am using. At this point, I still have some cuting and fitting to do before paint.

#2 mademan

mademan

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 754 posts
  • Full Name:Mike Mathers

Posted 09 March 2013 - 05:56 AM

Ill be watching these builds!!! Ive got a 1:1 63 2 door sedan project, and a 63 2dr hard top, and my father has a fully restored 63 Acadian Beaumont Sport Deluxe convertible and a project 63 dr hardtop, as well as a bunch of wagons, and other projects. .... we kinda hoard 1:1 62-5s, lol

Edited by mademan, 09 March 2013 - 05:56 AM.

#3 jeffs396

jeffs396

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,142 posts
  • Full Name:Jeff

Posted 09 March 2013 - 06:21 AM

Very cool projects Ron!

Me likey early Novas too, used to have a rust-free '67 sport coupe...why did I sell it? :angry: 

#4 Ron Hamilton

Ron Hamilton

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,502 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 06:55 AM

I have quite a few Chevy Novas. Unfortunately, I had to sell an unbuilt '62 Hardtop, and a pristine '63 Modelhaus Resin kit earlier this year. Oh well, I still have the others. I have an Boss Nova Funny Car, an AMT '63 Wagon and '65 Hardtop that needs to be restored, a couple of unbuilt AMT '66 Kits, a Bandit Resins '66 2 Door Sedan Transkit, and all of the Revell '69 Nova variations, as well as a couple of the AMT '71's to be turned into a Pontiac Ventura II, which I may just chop up one of the Revell Novas for that conversion.

Funny, I built an AMT '66 when that kit first came out (about 20 years ago), and it still looks great, except that it is a little dusty. I may pull it apart when I have the time, and clean it up, and reassemble it. I may remove the Traction Bars, Cragars, and Drag Slicks, and install a set of full wheel covers and whitewalls. One of these days, I'll take a picture of it.

#5 charlie8575

charlie8575

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,628 posts
  • Full Name:Charlie

Posted 09 March 2013 - 11:07 AM

Is the coupe the one that's about proportioned right? I remember that the Novas had some hiccup with regards to that. Although the engine is superb, I've seen a couple of those used.

Charlie Larkin

#6 Ron Hamilton

Ron Hamilton

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,502 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 04:48 PM

Is the coupe the one that's about proportioned right? I remember that the Novas had some hiccup with regards to that. Although the engine is superb, I've seen a couple of those used.

Charlie Larkin

The Trumpeter '63 Nova SS Hardtop is fine. The convertible had a windshield header that is too high. I've seen it fixed by other modelers. I'm sticking by my AMT annual convertible.

#7 AUGIEDOGGIE

AUGIEDOGGIE

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts
  • Full Name:AUGIE GONZALEZ

Posted 12 March 2013 - 06:57 PM

sweet ill be watching