Model Cars Magazine Forum

1933 MG K3 scratchbuild............

kennb

wow this is super interesting, excellent scratchbuilding! i wish i could be that successful at translating 1:1 down into a model. really impressive.

i owned an MGTF for many years, many decades actually, and always wanted a K3, almost bought one once but a clearer head prevailed.

heres a pic of my trusty TF on its way to its new home (and a frame up resto):

dscn5844z.jpg

dscn5840p.jpg

byebyemg.jpg

contrary to popular wisdom that car rarely broke down, and i drove it quite a bit over many years and in over 4 decades it only left me stranded one time...and that was because the german fuel pump i replaced the lucas one with went out while i was out on the road.

Beautiful TF..... thanks for sharing it with us.....

Just been detailing the chassis, shocks, brakes, sterring ect, and the interior otherwise not much.

DSCN4018_zpsed5c8f9f.jpg

DSCN4017_zps8ea8f37c.jpg

DSCN4019_zpsa3eff061.jpg

Thanks for viewing and posting comments,,,they are appreciated very much..

Kenn :)

Getting some paint on this buggy now...frame is detailed out and brushed on a coar of black something that I had in a bucket in the garage,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,not quite sure what it is but it is black :P

DSCN4040_zps15848571.jpg

DSCN4044_zpscc2d8dae.jpg

DSCN4042_zps95bc172f.jpg

DSCN4041_zpse98e836b.jpg

thanks for looking and commenting,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, :rolleyes:

Thanks for the nice words Tony and Anne...they are appreciated :)

Have the first base color colour coat on the body and a few more details.........The chassis needs to head back to the paint shop to have some tounch up and additional areas painted. :P

DSCN4045_zps4108d265.jpg

DSCN4050_zps9dcc1d8d.jpg

DSCN4049_zps27486942.jpg

Thank you Derick........................much appreciated.....this is a rather simple car so it does not take much time :rolleyes:

Final coat on the body today,,,,just need to chrome plate the grill and headlights........... :P

DSCN4090_zps332fcb6e.jpg

Thank you for all the nice comments.....The laced wheels construction can be seen in community builds under the 1933 MG challenge, I will be posting the actual lacing this afternoon.

Getting closer to finish...need to send the last bits to the paint shop then it goes under glass.

DSCN4099_zps48cd4519.jpg

DSCN4098_zps981384a7.jpg

DSCN4100_zps9d8b0b79.jpg