#21 rmvw guy

rmvw guy

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,404 posts
  • Full Name:Ron Martz

Posted 12 March 2013 - 05:07 PM

If it's one I like I usually think in threes.  Only exception is if I can only get one.

#22 Ramfins59

Ramfins59

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,651 posts
  • Full Name:Richard Manson

Posted 12 March 2013 - 05:13 PM

buy multiples of some kits if I particularly like that car, but I've never actually built a second one of anything yet.  I've got too many to go through for the first time around.  I sometimes wind up stealing parts out of the second kit for other builds.

#23 Deathgoblin

Deathgoblin

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 908 posts
  • Full Name:Brian Wilson

Posted 12 March 2013 - 05:29 PM

I haven't been back into car building long enough do build any duplicates.  I've got two Ferrari Mythos kits, but only one is getting built stock. 

#24 uncle potts

uncle potts

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 452 posts
  • Full Name:paul cowell

Posted 12 March 2013 - 06:23 PM

I only build it once, except for the 50 chevy pickup, and the 2nd one was a rust bucket in a diorama. Once its done I'm off to something else.

#25 Sport Suburban

Sport Suburban

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 390 posts
  • Full Name:Raoul

Posted 12 March 2013 - 07:29 PM

I didn't think I would be a minority on this one but it looks like I am. I love muscle cars and build many of them so I have built the same kits many times all different ways.

Lets see. I have built 2 Revell Thunderbolts and have 3 more. I have built 5 Revell Cobras and have many more to build. I just finished another Johan Javelin. That brings me to my next question. Are we talking about the exact same kit or are we including similar kits with variations. I just finished a 69 Cougar Eliminator that has a Boss 302 and a 4 speed. Plus I'm building a 69 Cougar 428 CJ with an automatic and different wheels.

#26 midnightprowler

midnightprowler

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,434 posts
  • Full Name:Lee

Posted 12 March 2013 - 10:17 PM

Usually just one, but there are exceptions.  I have done 2 AMT 53 Studebakers, 4 Revell 69 Camaros, on my second AMT 51 Chevy, and have the ragtop in the wings.  I'm sure there are others I am forgetting.

#27 Eshaver

Eshaver

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,869 posts
  • Full Name:Ed Shaver

Posted 13 March 2013 - 12:12 AM

several kits I've seen .............. Either the subject matter lost it's excitement or there were enough fit issues to run me off.

#28 Darren B

Darren B

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,211 posts
  • Full Name:Darren B.

Posted 13 March 2013 - 12:47 AM

I usually get bored with the same subject matter to build the same kit, except for if you build a total custom then its nice to build the same vehicle box stock to see what the car or truck was before and after. Other than that for me its one and done.................

#29 Jantrix

Jantrix

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,181 posts
  • Full Name:Rob Mattis

Posted 13 March 2013 - 02:02 AM

With one exception, yes. I love '66 & '67 Chargers, I have built three to date and have two more kits. I have little interest in building anything else more than once.

#30 2002p51

2002p51

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 705 posts
  • Full Name:Drew

Posted 13 March 2013 - 02:03 AM

It all depends on the kit subject and how versatile it might be. For example, I've only built one Garlits' Swamp Rat XXX because that's pretty much all you can do with that kit. But I've done several of the Tommy Ivo Top Fuel cars and every one is different. Same thing with the Revell Willys coupe, their early funny cars, etc.

And I'd build lots of Monogram Big Deuce and Big T kits if I had unlimited space to display them!  :lol:

#31 Foxer

Foxer

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,939 posts
  • Full Name:Mike DeRagon

Posted 13 March 2013 - 02:07 AM

I don't build 10 kits a month so it's pretty much one time only. There's always a reason or story to every build I do so the story's over once I'm done.

#32 phil-east

phil-east

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 218 posts
  • Full Name:Phil East

Posted 13 March 2013 - 02:09 AM

i'm yet to build any kit twice being a relative newcomer, but i have just bought another general lee kit as i did the first one without knowing what i was doing and i really want a nicely built General for display.

#33 jaydar

jaydar

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,078 posts
  • Full Name:Joseph J. Taylor

Posted 13 March 2013 - 03:40 AM

I have been gluing all sorts of models together for over 50 years and i have never built the same kit twice.

joe.

#34 bbowser

bbowser

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,240 posts
  • Full Name:Bruce Bowser

Posted 13 March 2013 - 11:37 AM

One and done for me, unless you count NASCARs :lol: .  I've built dozens of the Monogram and AMT stock cars with different livery.

#35 gtx6970

gtx6970

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,851 posts
  • Full Name:Bill Allphin

Posted 13 March 2013 - 03:33 PM

To me it's all about the subject. I tend to stay within certain subject matter. So the chances that i'm only going to build one of a particular kit is unlikely. Exceptions are maybe non mopar factory stock builds.

Drag cars (all makes) and Mopar factory stock make up 90% of my subject matter. I do have a 1959 Corvette to do maybe next winter. And,, I am looking for a few more non mopar factory stock kits to do down the road, unfortunately they are mostly long out of production annuals. So budget is a factor I have to take into consideration, so says the CFO.

Edited by gtx6970, 14 March 2013 - 05:57 AM.

#36 Scale-Master

Scale-Master

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,734 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 05:42 AM

This one. It was so bad, and so far from a snapkit that I even threw the box away. I cant remember the name of it and dont give a fig. It fought me all the way.

DSCN0752-vi.jpg

Ironically I bult two of those because they fell together and were fun to play around with paint on.  I think it was called the Road Ripper?

Your wheels and tires are a huge improvement, nice rack too.

There have been a couple French cottage industry kits I vowed I'd never build again, at least for myself, but I can be influenced to build them for others as it turns out...

#37 sjordan2

sjordan2

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,608 posts
  • Full Name:Skip Jordan

Posted 14 March 2013 - 05:57 AM

Hey Mark -- how many Lotus 7 / Caterhams have you built? :)

#38 jrherald420

jrherald420

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,044 posts
  • Full Name:James Herald

Posted 14 March 2013 - 06:02 AM

If i find that it was a fun kit to build and i have ideas in my head for different builds then yeah ill build a couple. One recent build has spawned about 4-5 more future builds, the 1/12 scale Shelby GT500, i built the first one box stock for fun, now i have another one that i will be lowering, adding brake lines, wiring harnesses, ect and i've got 3+ people on the local Mustang forum that want me to build them a replica of their own GT500. 

#39 Draggon

Draggon

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,759 posts
  • Full Name:Glenn Asher

Posted 14 March 2013 - 07:00 AM

Thx for the compliments Mark. The red with white stripes version was indeed the "Road Ripper" This blue version I dont know. Only things I like about my build are the wheels and tires, and the rack with boards. 

#40 Darren B

Darren B

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,211 posts
  • Full Name:Darren B.

Posted 18 March 2013 - 09:35 AM

Actually will have to change my previous stance on the one and done, I just picked up the 1/16 ROG 1951/52 bug and after first inspection will have to get a few more, 1 lowrider 2 1970's custom, 3 box stock!!!