#41 spkgibson

spkgibson

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 856 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 12:00 AM

If they don't I will. :D 

I have a '72 on the bench almost ready to paint B1 Blue....That's the powder Blue used in '72 And '73 for those of you that don't know that by the paint code....I just painted a '72 MPC Duster in that color....So I'll have a matching pair...To display when I finish both cars...Is it December yet?....I can't wait to get my hands on about 8 to 12 of these when they come out.

#42 Trucker_tim

Trucker_tim

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 129 posts
  • Full Name:Tim Kracht

Posted 23 April 2013 - 12:50 AM

My 72 demon was that powder blue but boy was it faded and full of tree sap splotches

#43 JasonC

JasonC

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 284 posts
  • Full Name:Jason Carns

Posted 23 April 2013 - 01:21 AM

I'd kind of like to see aftermarket 72 parts to convert this kit over. I had a Top Banana yellow 72 Demon 340 that i'd kind of like to make a model of.

#44 Drake69

Drake69

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 565 posts
  • Full Name:Allen Manley

Posted 23 April 2013 - 04:36 AM

This one is definitely on my want list. Also would like to see a reissue of the 340 Duster wedge to go with it.

#45 Casey

Casey

MCM Ohana

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Full Name:Casey Littmann

Posted 23 April 2013 - 11:45 AM

This one is definitely on my want list. Also would like to see a reissue of the 340 Duster wedge to go with it.

I thought I read on the Hobby Heaven Spotlight board this kit might be based on the Duster 340 instead of being backdated to the original version. Hopefully Round2 will have more info on what they're planning in October at iHobby.

#46 Drake69

Drake69

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 565 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 04:44 PM

No worries on that. So long as the front and rear grilles/bumpers and hood stay true to the factory Demon then I'm happy. The rest of the car is identical to either model anyway, or so I thought.

#47 spkgibson

spkgibson

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 856 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 12:57 AM

I thought I read on the Hobby Heaven Spotlight board this kit might be based on the Duster 340 instead of being backdated to the original version. Hopefully Round2 will have more info on what they're planning in October at iHobby.

Really? Well if that's the case....I'll keep all my Resin and plastic kits....That Duster body AMT made is all wrong, The roof is terrible and misshapen.....I hope they do use the original kit as a basis ......Because honestly the rest of the AMT Duster kit was perfect, But the body is horrible compared to the MPC annuals....That's just my opinion on it.

#48 gtx6970

gtx6970

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,019 posts
  • Full Name:Bill Allphin

Posted 24 April 2013 - 01:34 AM

Really? Well if that's the case....I'll keep all my Resin and plastic kits....That Duster body AMT made is all wrong, The roof is terrible and misshapen.....I hope they do use the original kit as a basis ......Because honestly the rest of the AMT Duster kit was perfect, But the body is horrible compared to the MPC annuals....That's just my opinion on it.

Although I don't think I would call it horrible, just not 100% accurate when you compare the AMT version side by sde with an original MPC issue .

If they use the original MPC body, hood and grille with everything else from the AMT Duster I would be good with that.

#49 pack rat

pack rat

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts
  • Full Name:Mike Wherry

Posted 24 April 2013 - 02:08 AM

The plan is to use the new-tool Duster, but they're also aware of the other minor issues mentioned re the body proportioning. 

#50 JS23U

JS23U

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts
  • Full Name:Jens Kriete

Posted 10 June 2013 - 11:25 PM

Anything new on this topic? Will the Demon kit be based on the new tool Duster?

#51 Chuck Most

Chuck Most

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,268 posts
  • Full Name:Charles Donald Eric Richard Jules Kasim Most

Posted 11 June 2013 - 03:22 AM

I always thought the roof looked okay- but the side window openings were off quite a bit. Either way, I'm guessing they'd need to tool an all-new body if they wanted to do a Demon from the Duster tooling (if they have a mind to preserve the Duster 340 for future use anyway), so it might not be a problem.

#52 plowboy

plowboy

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,739 posts
  • Full Name:Roger Hayes

Posted 11 June 2013 - 03:38 AM

Although I don't think I would call it horrible, just not 100% accurate when you compare the AMT version side by sde with an original MPC issue .

If they use the original MPC body, hood and grille with everything else from the AMT Duster I would be good with that.

Why is the AMT body always compared to the MPC body instead of the actual car? :blink:  I just built the street machine version of the AMT kit and I kept looking at the box art build and thinking, "my God, that looks awful! Especially the dead on side view on the side of the box". Upon closer inspection, I discovered that it was actually an old MPC kit! No wonder it looked so bad! The box art build even has the wrong for '71 interior! It was just an MPC kit with a Viper engine and wheels! No wonder everyone threw a fit over the engine! They thought they were getting a Viper engine when they were actually getting a 340 with Viper styled FI setup. So, exactly where is the AMT kit wrong compared to the real car not the MPC kit?

#53 DR JAY

DR JAY

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 129 posts
  • Full Name:Jason Van Nostrand

Posted 11 June 2013 - 05:14 AM

I'd really like to build a replica of the 71 I used to have a lifetime ago -340 Auto painted B2 blue (Faded to a near bluish silver) with a white buckets-console interior and a steady rotation of soon to be perma-bald G60 15's out back mounted to a set of slotted police rims with dog dish caps. Sadly, no pictures but it would be easy to build with the right kit/body; really, the correct body with the bumpers and grille would be enough since there's more than enough resources for kitbashing a Demon.

#54 towtruck

towtruck

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts
  • Full Name:John Goewert.

Posted 11 June 2013 - 07:20 AM

Hopefully Round2 will include an MPC sticker with this kit, but I'll buy one just for the box art alone. :wub:

Here's a look inside an original issue kit:

aec6b95d-7b74-420c-9616-dff7fdec5182.jpg

4c059a9f-405f-4108-8d43-8bd19e71008d.jpg

3cb3ba24-6f55-44aa-9646-c1bdb8282217.jpg

649fc9af-0e62-4d4d-bde9-5b267af17a4c.jpg

631e74f4-e36b-49df-ae7a-434f0d973722.jpg

a99de005-e545-4565-a4d9-a6b8d8133371.jpg

3ca9813c-bd86-482f-aa9e-8d5497930b27.jpg

thank's for the pics these old original kits are sure a work of art...hope they release EXACTLY as original !!

#55 Drake69

Drake69

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 565 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 05:58 PM

The Demon's stripes and logos on a decal sheet would be twice as awesome to have.

#56 foxbat426

foxbat426

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts
  • Full Name:John Ferro

Posted 24 January 2014 - 10:42 AM

Hi, does anyone know when MPC will release the 75 Dodge demon. I just read about this recently and was wondering when it will be released.

Thanks john

#57 High octane

High octane

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,063 posts
  • Full Name:Nick

Posted 24 January 2014 - 10:56 AM

I recently heard that it will be released real soon.

#58 Casey

Casey

MCM Ohana

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Full Name:Casey Littmann

Posted 24 January 2014 - 11:34 AM

Are you asking about the '71 Dodge Demon or the '75 Dodge Dart Sport? If the latter, it's already out: http://www.modelcars...showtopic=76501

#59 foxbat426

foxbat426

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts
  • Full Name:John Ferro

Posted 24 January 2014 - 11:41 AM

I am sorry, the 71 dodge demon is the one i'm wondering about. Got the years mixed up.   Thanks John

#60 michaelbaskett

michaelbaskett

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts
  • Full Name:Michael Baskett

Posted 24 January 2014 - 12:22 PM

Hi, does anyone know when MPC will release the 75 Dodge demon. I just read about this recently and was wondering when it will be released.

Thanks john

Hi John.....

The 75 Dodge Dart is out now, and the 71 Dodge Demon is supposed to be out in April....