lordairgtar

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,803 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 06:55 AM

They were assembled in Germany, but the bodyshell was produced in France, 

The 1.1 was an OHV, but the 1.9 was an OHC engine

I had a GT when I was in California. A yellow one I had painted black. The body was built by the French firm Lotz & Brossonneau, a builder of Locomotives, plus the Renault Floride.

#62 dimaxion

dimaxion

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,018 posts
  • Full Name:John JR. Landgraver

Posted 24 December 2013 - 10:27 AM

I just have to add this . The kit in nice . I have to agree with the assessment : " What were they smoking" when this was designed and tooled up origianlly . The proper and dependable 4 Popper from Opel being replaced with a Ralphie (Buick) V/6 is outrageous . A mechanical nightmare from it's inception . That is past the Engineering Design origin . The Bean Counters ruined it once again . Is it still 6 Generations of GM V/6's ? Resulting with one of these work like a real American Engine and not a prone to failure and nightmare . An external Oil Pump .. a 40 K Meltaway Camshaft .. I will stop here . The list of fatal flaws is long ..    Thanx ..

#63 Kit Basher

Kit Basher

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 824 posts
  • Full Name:Hugh

Posted 28 July 2014 - 05:44 PM

I just finished this kit. Overall it is pretty good, but it does have some issues. The body has a bunch of mold seams, but they are easily removed. However, the rear window/deck area required a lot of carving and sanding to get it to look right. The bumpers have flash and mold seams. I stripped, sanded, and sprayed Alclad on mine. Also, there are no stock rear bumpers in the kit, even tho they are shown in the instructions. The biggest problem is if you want to use the six spoke wheels. The instructions say to use the stock tires, (which are very nice, BTW), but the wheels do not fit the tires AT ALL! I had to do major surgery to the tires to get the wheels in, and then I had to cut away most of the stub on the back of the wheel to get the track right. They do include some plastic pins to take the place of the metal axles, and those are necessary to use those wheels. In general everything fits together well and it makes a nice looking model. I just wanted to give fair warning to anyone building this kit.

#64 midnightprowler

midnightprowler

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,064 posts
  • Full Name:Lee

Posted 29 July 2014 - 11:40 AM

There are stock front and rear bumpers in the kit.

#65 Kit Basher

Kit Basher

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 824 posts
  • Full Name:Hugh

Posted 29 July 2014 - 12:35 PM

There are stock front and rear bumpers in the kit.

After reading your post I looked again at the chrome tree. The stock rear bumpers are there, but they are cleverly disguised! Thanks, Lee.

#66 midnightprowler

midnightprowler

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,064 posts
  • Full Name:Lee

Posted 30 July 2014 - 01:34 PM

Np, glad ya found em! I have built many of these kits over the years.

#67 magicmustang

magicmustang

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts
  • Full Name:Gerald Bowles

Posted 09 August 2014 - 05:08 PM

Here's an AMT Opel Gt  reissue that I scratch built into an early KS Pittman gasser before the wild paint job. Fitting a blown hemi and opening the rear wheel wells for slicks on this little car was a challenge. It was a lot of work but it's close.  

Edited by magicmustang, 19 August 2014 - 03:06 AM.