25 replies to this topic

#21 Casey

Casey

MCM Ohana

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,900 posts
  • Full Name:Casey Littmann

Posted 15 March 2013 - 10:39 PM

Lol wow I feel like I just got dooped. And to be honest I got it cause .....well it was cheap and im broke and I want to try a realy crazy paint job for the first time as well as polishing im just realy concerned about how you polish without screwing up the factory moldings and such

You didn't get duped, Derek. The "Uptown" series of Revell kits were based on die-cast metal models, so they aren't as accurate as some styrene, injection-molded kits which were designed to be model kits from the start...but don't let that stop you. ;)

I don't think they are so bad as to label them toys, and even though the Uptown kits had compromises in the design phase which hurt accuracy, the Uptown Magnum will work just fine for what you have planned. You can see how far the rear wheels are tucked into the wheel wells on the Revell Super Bee Charger if you look at the box art online, but the Upton series die-cast models (and he "LARGE" Magnum) were set up with dubs from the start, so they needed lots of wheel well room.

It sounds like this is your first model, or at least your first attempt at advanced painting and body modifications, so ask lots of questions and take a look at the On The Workbench sections here on the forum. You can pick up and learn a lot of things just by seeing what other member are doing, and most will be more than happy to help answer your questions and offer advice. Ask any teacher and they'll tell you the best students are those who ask questions and are interested in learning, and the same applies here, though one might argue we're all still teaching and still learning ourselves.

#22 Swamp Dog

Swamp Dog

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 696 posts
  • Full Name:David Rose

Posted 16 March 2013 - 01:20 AM

B.Y.O.B.---.BRING YOUR OWN BEER.. :wacko: :blink:

#23 CrazyGirl

CrazyGirl

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 737 posts
  • Full Name:Anne Smith

Posted 16 March 2013 - 01:53 AM

ISAT is a term i use after seeing all this totaly totaly unreal builds ,, ISAT.. :huh:  i stink at this

#24 MikeyB08

MikeyB08

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 502 posts
  • Full Name:James Basham

Posted 16 March 2013 - 03:31 AM

ISAT is a term i use after seeing all this totaly totaly unreal builds ,, ISAT.. :huh:  i stink at this

HaHa... Patience young grasshopper. Even the best builders still have room for improvement. I can compare my first model with my 4 model and can see a huge difference. Just take your time and have fun. 

More Terms:

CA Glue- Cyanoacrylate- Fast acting adhesives. i.e. Super Glue

#25 Ace-Garageguy

Ace-Garageguy

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,496 posts
  • Full Name:Bill Engwer

Posted 16 March 2013 - 04:37 AM

NNL No Name luminares ( I just learned this one after 2 yrs it's model shows around the country)

Nameless National Luminaries  ??

Edited by Ace-Garageguy, 16 March 2013 - 04:39 AM.

#26 antiliers

antiliers

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
  • Full Name:Derek Dryden

Posted 16 March 2013 - 04:45 AM

Casey I actually been "puting models together" for probably twenty years (wow now I feel old) I found this site because I found a 39 delivery that I has stashed away because I messed up the paint and wanted to learn how to strip it safely but then I stumbled onto that all aluminum cuda, that wip made me join just to tell bill I was amazed I had no idea all the things people do to these lil toys lolan I have been blown away by nearly every build I have seen here David, BYOB is my favorite by far