#1 mnwildpunk

mnwildpunk

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,083 posts
  • Full Name:Dave isle

Posted 15 March 2013 - 08:42 PM

Ever since well around 2002 after my transplant get bouts of insomia and what better way to pass the time with some good tunes ( right now T-REX jeepster playin electric warrior album ) and model building. But it can be a double edged sword because this is when most my mistakes happen. Is anybody else a late night builder?

#2 Casey

Casey

MCM Ohana

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,303 posts
  • Full Name:Casey Littmann

Posted 15 March 2013 - 09:32 PM

Shouldn't this be called "early morning modeling?"  :D

#3 MAGNUM4342

MAGNUM4342

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,285 posts
  • Full Name:Kevin White

Posted 15 March 2013 - 09:32 PM

Me three. Of course I've always been a bit of a night owl anyway.

#4 DR JAY

DR JAY

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts
  • Full Name:Jason Van Nostrand

Posted 15 March 2013 - 09:35 PM

Irregular shift work pokes at existing bouts of insomnia...it's 0229 right now! I Try my best to keep it down as well, but there
Times I really have to fight the need to fire up the Dremel. My cave is a spare bedroom beside ours and the walls are thin...

#5 rmvw guy

rmvw guy

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,614 posts
  • Full Name:Ron Martz

Posted 15 March 2013 - 09:46 PM

I worked the night shift for 30 years so it's a hard habit to break.  I use to work on my models during my lunch break sometimes or draw cars most of the time.  Good part is  it doesn't  seem to bother my Wife when I get out of bed.  I don't know if you count getting on here as building but, it's usually the first thing I do when I wake up.

#6 Foxer

Foxer

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,081 posts
  • Full Name:Mike DeRagon

Posted 16 March 2013 - 02:09 AM

I could stay up any night listemning to T-Rex

#7 Burnout

Burnout

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 436 posts
  • Full Name:Ken Smith

Posted 16 March 2013 - 02:53 AM

I'm not usually up real late but T Rex was my first ever rock concert and now, I gotta go dig some out.  Thank you for sparking some good old memories.

#8 Ace-Garageguy

Ace-Garageguy

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,598 posts
  • Full Name:Bill Engwer

Posted 16 March 2013 - 03:49 AM

If I get really involved with a build and I don't have to work in the morning, I've been known to go all night. Kinda wipes me out the next day though.

Edited by Ace-Garageguy, 16 March 2013 - 04:38 AM.

#9 slusher

slusher

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,299 posts
  • Full Name:carl slusher

Posted 16 March 2013 - 04:02 AM

l use to work late at night but changed back to the daytime. started making me sleepy all day..

#10 mnwildpunk

mnwildpunk

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,083 posts
  • Full Name:Dave isle

Posted 16 March 2013 - 04:36 AM

Still awake here but ya T-rex is a must on my playlisti wish I could've seen mark play before he died

#11 antiliers

antiliers

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
  • Full Name:Derek Dryden

Posted 16 March 2013 - 05:48 AM

I have bouts of severe insomnia I meen like 4-5 days with no sleep at all, when that happens its not a good idea to do anything at all cause you start seeing,hearing, and feeling some strange stuff but back to the question yes most of my build time is in the wee hours of the morning

#12 Models by Bear

Models by Bear

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 299 posts
  • Full Name:Chris Bognar

Posted 16 March 2013 - 06:09 AM

I'm right there with you guys. After all the surgeries and now being disabled I have nothing but time The down side can't  turn up the music or fire up the compressor and paint. The upside just me and the dog and he doesn't want to chat and disturb me while I'm building.

#13 Tom Kren

Tom Kren

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,749 posts
  • Full Name:Tom Kren

Posted 16 March 2013 - 06:22 AM

friday nites into the way early morrning when everyone is in bed! Got the radio on coast to coast some weird people out there!

#14 my80malibu

my80malibu

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,718 posts
  • Full Name:Gabriel Soto

Posted 16 March 2013 - 06:26 AM

I am not in the Moonlight Modelers Club, because I am good looking!  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :D

#15 uncle potts

uncle potts

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 460 posts
  • Full Name:paul cowell

Posted 16 March 2013 - 12:22 PM

I am not in the Moonlight Modelers Club, because I am good looking!  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :D

:blink:  :blink:  :blink:  :blink:

#16 greymack

greymack

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 570 posts
  • Full Name:George Mack

Posted 17 March 2013 - 09:46 AM

I too have sleep issues.I guess when you work hard all the aches and pains keep you up to no good .Being 4 to 5 hours sleep is all get on any given night so this gives me many hours of building and doing research for future kits.Someone should start a insomia model builders club .Haha

#17 FASTBACK340

FASTBACK340

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,625 posts
  • Full Name:John V. Agugliaro

Posted 17 March 2013 - 01:39 PM

Given the right circumstances, yes. I could, and have, stayed up all night. A nice snowy night with some old school Jazz pumping is magic for me. As long as I have cold water or seltzer to drink, I'm good.

Now I have to be careful. My hobby room is a tiny spare bedroom adjoining our bedroom. I cant have music going while the Mrs. is sleeping and I'm working. BAD lifestyle changes happen afterwards....

#18 Tony T

Tony T

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,631 posts
  • Full Name:Tony

Posted 17 March 2013 - 01:53 PM

Sometimes, yes...I work evenings, so sometimes after work I'm down in the workshop until after midnight...Have lost track of times at times and head for bed around 2am... :)

#19 Ramfins59

Ramfins59

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,077 posts
  • Full Name:Richard Manson

Posted 17 March 2013 - 06:53 PM

I guess it comes with old age, but I've had the Insomnia thing going for a couple of years now.  It seems that 3 AM is my wake up time and have trouble getting back to sleep.  I'd love to go down to my basement workbench for a little while, but my 30 year old daughter lives and sleeps down there so I really can't go down there to work on stuff or I'll "disturb" her.  She's getting married in 18 months so I have to deal with that for awhile longer.  I get an average of 4 to 5 hours a day in at my workbench as is, and I've been knocking out models in about 3 weeks.  If I got another couple of hours in at night I'd probably finish one up in closer to 2 weeks.  If that happened I'd eventually run out of models... (not really.)

#20 martinfan5

martinfan5

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,399 posts
  • Full Name:Jonathan Stephens

Posted 17 March 2013 - 08:25 PM

:blink:  :blink:  :blink:  :blink:

I can vouch for that one :lol: :lol: :P , just kidding Gabriel

I am a late nighter as well,  I try and get some stuff done in the evening, but the almost two year old makes that hard, (she is daddys girl) unless mommy has the Kindle out for her to play on

But my build time starts around 7 or so , and ends around 1/130

But I have always been a night owl, started in my teen years, then almost every job I have had was either working 3rd or 2nd shift,  I did have a few day jobs, lets say they didnt last long , hmm, I wonder why

Edited by martinfan5, 17 March 2013 - 08:26 PM.