#21 Model Car Kustoms

Model Car Kustoms

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts
  • Full Name:Jason Dunaj

Posted 17 March 2013 - 08:28 PM

friday nites into the way early morrning when everyone is in bed! Got the radio on coast to coast some weird people out there!

I always listen to coast to coast while building models  (640 AM los Angeles, CA)               (but i really wish art bell was back, or that george knapp would have been Art's replacement LOL!,)

Im always up late building my models, its the only time I have to do it (after your significant other has gone to sleep lol), even if it measn being tired for work the next day lol

I've always liked night time better then the day, I don't have to deal with so many idiots! lol!

#22 Pro Wrench

Pro Wrench

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 157 posts
  • Full Name:Curt Scott

Posted 17 March 2013 - 08:48 PM

yepper.. after all the different injuries I have had over the years. I have my days that I cant sleep for on reason or another. yea some times being a night owl can have drawbacks. even more so with others that live with you wile your in that model.. seems the harder you try to keep quiet the louder you become LOL. dang laws of Murphy!!

I'm in the same boat. So many broken bones (including my back. Twice.) I usually have too much pain to get comfortable enough to sleep until I reach the point of complete exhaustion. That means I usually only get 2 to 4 hours of sleep a night. Good thing is my wife understands and has no problem with me doing whatever I want while I'm awake although I do try to keep the noise level down.

#23 Jeff Johnston

Jeff Johnston

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 923 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 01:52 PM

I definitely am.  I usually start at 9-10 pm and build until 1 or 2 am.  Almost every Friday and Saturday night. 

#24 Tom Geiger

Tom Geiger

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,477 posts
  • Full Name:Tom Geiger

Posted 19 March 2013 - 05:19 AM

For me it's modeling causes insomnia.. If I get on a roll on a project and try to go to bed I can't get to sleep since I'm so excited and awake over the build.  Much of my building is done 8-11 pm, once my wife has tuned into something I won't watch like The Bachelor or Dancing With The Stars.  That's my cue to head up to the model room.  I try to come back downstairs to watch the 11pm news prior to hitting the bed around midnight.  Then I can calm down enough to sleep!

My one all nighter was for the 24 Hour Build last month.  Following the rules, I started at noon on Saturday and was to build through noon on Sunday.  I lasted until 5am.  At that point I was not focusing right and dropping things.  I had the model done enough that it was sitting on wheels and assembled, so I posted a few quick pics to the group and went to bed! 

Edited by Tom Geiger, 19 March 2013 - 05:19 AM.

#25 niteowl7710

niteowl7710

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,572 posts
  • Full Name:Daddy Day Care Now Open!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 05:41 AM

I always listen to coast to coast while building models  (640 AM los Angeles, CA)               (but i really wish art bell was back, or that george knapp would have been Art's replacement LOL!,)

Depends on the station, but Saturday nights prior to the regular show (6pm Pacific, 9pm Eastern) they do a "Coast to Coast AM - Art Bell Somewhere in Time" where they play an old show from the archives.  Plus Art still does the show on Halloween & New Years Eve, along with the exceptional random fill-in for Noory.  Who I have to admit I never really cared for, it's his show now and all of that, but it's not the SAME show that Art started all those years ago.

Edited by niteowl7710, 19 March 2013 - 08:20 AM.

#26 charlie8575

charlie8575

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,512 posts
  • Full Name:Charlie

Posted 19 March 2013 - 06:51 AM

I actually tend to do a lot of night building in the summer when I don't sleep well- a/c or not. I also tend to do a lot of my summertime painting at night, when the humidity is lower and there's less of a chance of things going wrong with the paint.

The rest of the year, I've been known to indulge in a little night-time building, too. Sleep doesn't always come easily or well to me, so I have to do something.

Charlie Larkin

#27 Jeff Johnston

Jeff Johnston

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 923 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 01:27 PM

Much of my building is done 8-11 pm, once my wife has tuned into something I won't watch like The Bachelor or Dancing With The Stars.  That's my cue to head up to the model room.  

Tom that is me too.  Last night I sat down and what does my wife turn on ?  Dancing with the Stars !  I said, well wifey, I know have something that needs paintin'....and that I did.  Same with that ridiculous Bachelor show.

Though...my wife likes Chasing Classic cars and Wheeler Dealers, 2 of my favorite shows.

JJ

#28 mnwildpunk

mnwildpunk

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,523 posts
  • Full Name:Dave isle

Posted 19 March 2013 - 05:01 PM

I swear mine watches those housewife shows just to get me out of the room

I swear mine watches those housewife shows just to get me out of the room

#29 Tom Geiger

Tom Geiger

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,477 posts
  • Full Name:Tom Geiger

Posted 19 March 2013 - 05:14 PM

You can say that again Dave! :D

#30 Pro Wrench

Pro Wrench

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 157 posts
  • Full Name:Curt Scott

Posted 19 March 2013 - 05:54 PM

You can say that again Dave! :D

LOL!

#31 Henchmen4Hire

Henchmen4Hire

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
  • Full Name:Hench

Posted 19 March 2013 - 06:01 PM

Yep, though I download them and listen the night after because I hate commercials, so I hear them on a 24 hour delay lol. The program is around 2.5 hours without commercials.

David Paulides was on again recently talking about the tons of creepy disappearances in our national parks, the stories always creep me out, especially since I go hiking/camping regularly. :unsure:

Anyway, painting at night sucks, but you get more done since no one is around to tell you to do things like take out the trash or get groceries lol. I usually just basecoat at night since I have to paint by hand, detailing and drybrushing during the day only.

Edited by Henchmen4Hire, 19 March 2013 - 06:03 PM.