Model Cars Magazine Forum

1999 LeMans / Daytona Pace Car Decals *PIC*

decal.jpg

Hello,

Fellow modeler and Corvette enthusiast Al Superczynski created a home brewed decal sheet for the C5 Daytona / LeMans Pace Cars. As you may remember, these models came with pre-painted checker pattern bodies, but decals were peel and stick instead of waterslide. With this decal sheet you can make either the Daytona Pace Car, Le Mans Pace Car or the blue LeMans safety car. It includes PACE CAR, SAFETY CAR and DIRECTION DE COURSE door decals, LeMans and Daytona trunk decals, Rolex 24 and ACO (Automobile Club De L'Ouest: LeMans Sanctioning body) event decals, plus the windshield banner, instrument panel, a Chevrolet Bowtie license plate and 6 C5 emblems. The sheet is very well done and even includes a separate black windshield banner decal to go under the white lettering for opacity. I haven’t got the chance to use them yet, so I can’t comment on how thin or delicate they are, yet Al told me he has used them without any problems just like any other decal. They should work without any additional steps but a mist coat of decal clear can be used as a safety precaution. He printed a few sets so if you are interested, you can contact him at: modeleral@swbell.net

Thanks,