Been quietly plugging away on the Revell '56 F100 for a few weeks. Here's what the parts looked like right out of the box. Can't tell from this far away but this is the flashiest, most inconsistent mess I've started with in a long time! Every part has a razor sharp seam around the edge, and the cab has mold lines all over the place, around the top of the windshield on both sides it looks like the molds didn't even line up right! The chrome plating is also pretty poor, some parts got missed or have little bubbles in the finish. A majority of the past couple weeks was spent cleaning it up and test fitting things.
This past weekend I finally got the engine assembled, the upper and lower half fit together like crud but a bunch of sanding and filler and sanding and filler and I think it turned out ok. Building this one OOB so the motor's not much to look at. I colored it like a base T-Bird motor from '55. The water pump pulley and fan look crooked as all get out in the photo, but in person it looks straight as an arrow. Not sure what's up with that.
Edited by kalbert, 18 March 2013 - 03:27 PM.