'81 Plymouth reliant 4/7/13 Grill will have to be at a slant as is..

• You cannot reply to this topic
47 replies to this topic

#41 Edsel-Dan

Edsel-Dan

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,388 posts
  • Full Name:Daniel Lee Gunter

Posted 17 June 2013 - 03:08 PM

I got one each of both the Ford & Chevy. If I had had $$ i would have gotten more.

The Ford is apart & sanded with 400-600 sand paper to help remove the graphics.

Chevy is still in the box

I have 1/64-187 scale of them too. Or is one a Dodge??

I need to look again!!

OK----

1/87 scale, and are a 74 Ford Econoline & 75 Dodge!!

Wish they had done the Dodge in th e1/24-1/25 scale!!

Why have these not shown up at Toys-R-Us or other retailers yet??

Or did they, and I just missed them by not going there!!

#42 mk11

mk11

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts
  • Full Name:mike mackie

Posted 17 June 2013 - 08:50 PM

Yes, Diplomat wagons were available from '77 thru '81. Here's a pic of a 1980 model. 

80%2520dodge%2520diplomat%2520wag%2520wh

Basically a duded up volare/aspen wagon. Never seen one and I can count the number of 1:1 t/c wagons I've seen on one hand. Wal had a short run of little 1/64 dioramas that had the t/c and other cars as well but the real attraction when the assorted diorama cases were put on the shelf was the one or two mel's diner/milner deuce dioramas in each case. Still have two here

mike

#43 Foxer

Foxer

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,082 posts
  • Full Name:Mike DeRagon

Posted 18 June 2013 - 02:53 AM

I'm still waiting on my daughter for photos of her car, but I'm happy to see everyone getting on the K-car bandwagon in the thread! :)

#44 charlie8575

charlie8575

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,645 posts
  • Full Name:Charlie

Posted 15 March 2014 - 11:53 AM

Gee, I missed this before. I love K-Cars.

I have many very fond memories of my dad's '83 Aries wagon- Charcoal Grey with the crimson velour buckets/console, 5-speed, and the P195/70R-14 whitewalls with the wire wheel covers. Great little car that lasted nine years and over 200,000 miles until a girl rushing to Good Friday services in 1992 didn't pay attention to pulling out of her driveway and broad-sided us.

I'd love a K now, simple, easy cars to work on and really quite reliable overall The only problem they have, at least around here, is rust.

I hope you get back to this, Mike.

Charlie Larkin

#45 Foxer

Foxer

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,082 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 01:23 PM

Hi Charlie! 

Well, I did get some photos and I should just put this together since you mention it!  ehehhe

There might be some decal work to do from the photos my daughter gave me. I can't make it look completely as it did when she sold it ... she gave all her friends sharpies and every square inch .. inside and out ... was written on! Why there are no photos of it in that shape I don't know. I'll give her an ultra fine point Sharpie with it and get the bumper stickers with decals and the hand painted "Italian Flag" by hand.  Since I just did decals for another build it shouldn't take much to put this one to rest.

#46 charlie8575

charlie8575

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,645 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 01:36 PM

Cool, Mike.

Will we see you tomorrow at MassCar or NNL? I was toying with going tonight for the dinner and trivia contest, but money ran unexpectedly tight and my leg isn't behaving well today, but I'll be there tomorrow, even if it's mostly sitting.

Charlie Larkin

#47 Foxer

Foxer

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,082 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 03:09 AM

Unfortunately, MassCar didn't make the schedule this year. :(  It's 20 degrees and snowing like crazy right now ... it's supposed to be SPRING for MassCar!!!

#48 charlie8575

charlie8575

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,645 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 07:36 PM

Unfortunately, MassCar didn't make the schedule this year. :(  It's 20 degrees and snowing like crazy right now ... it's supposed to be SPRING for MassCar!!!

If I do in fact end up doing my post-grad assistantship/fellowship/MBA at Isenberg next year, Mike, we're going! If you don't mind meeting me somewhere around Amherst or Greenfield (I might be bunking in with some friends of mine,) I don't mind driving.

I also need to get out your way. I might go to Wings 'n Wheels in Chicopee on the 30th- car and other stuff pending.

Charlie Larkin