Doctordarryl

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 167 posts
  • Full Name:Darryl W. Peters

Posted 23 March 2013 - 12:24 PM

very very nice !!

the kit wheels and i dont mean this in a bad way for me let down the car a bit , better said the body / chassis / engine combo are so cool and for me realistic ... the wheels kind of look less realistic to me then the rest , hope you know what i mean ?

but thats one cool and clean build :wub:

All feedback is greatly appreciated. What wheels do you think would make the model?

#22 crazyrichard

crazyrichard

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,067 posts
  • Full Name:richard gelens

Posted 23 March 2013 - 11:09 PM

maybe just a rim with a little bit more depth ? or try to give these steelies a slight wash ..
like not so they get weathered or dirty but to ad some depth ...

in a way when i kept looking at the model the wheels just looked less realistic then the rest ..
everything else looked soooo good ..

what i would really think would look good are slightly deeper steelies with those older style tyres ..

what i would try if this was my model is keep the steelies you have now in that color but with a slight wash in the deep eareas (see pics below)

btw it was not ment as a negative comment but just something i felt i wanted to mention because i just felt wheel wise you could really get a even better result
so all ment in a real positive way :D

i had some cool rims and tyres from a '56 chevy stepside pick-up from revell on my last build ..those where all chrome but i also gave those a wash in the deeper parts and that really brought them alive

before a wash all chrome (in your case painted)

537065_248924255240492_1848585561_n.jpg

on the car after a wash with some black

282601_258613447604906_581589004_n.jpg

and here is one of my earlyer builds what i believe to be the same steelies , (or almost the same)

came out of this revell kit

DSC04016.JPG

used on the dan finks speedwagon kit >

i washed those slightly and made the little bolts chrome , i know these steelies are real flat with a wash they just come to life

DSC04263.JPG

DSC04262.JPG

hey and if you like your wheels just keep them like that :lol:

Edited by crazyrichard, 23 March 2013 - 11:15 PM.

#23 Doctordarryl

Doctordarryl

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 167 posts
  • Full Name:Darryl W. Peters

Posted 24 March 2013 - 08:25 AM

maybe just a rim with a little bit more depth ? or try to give these steelies a slight wash ..
like not so they get weathered or dirty but to ad some depth ...

in a way when i kept looking at the model the wheels just looked less realistic then the rest ..
everything else looked soooo good ..

what i would really think would look good are slightly deeper steelies with those older style tyres ..

what i would try if this was my model is keep the steelies you have now in that color but with a slight wash in the deep eareas (see pics below)

btw it was not ment as a negative comment but just something i felt i wanted to mention because i just felt wheel wise you could really get a even better result
so all ment in a real positive way :D

i had some cool rims and tyres from a '56 chevy stepside pick-up from revell on my last build ..those where all chrome but i also gave those a wash in the deeper parts and that really brought them alive

before a wash all chrome (in your case painted)

537065_248924255240492_1848585561_n.jpg

on the car after a wash with some black

282601_258613447604906_581589004_n.jpg

and here is one of my earlyer builds what i believe to be the same steelies , (or almost the same)

came out of this revell kit

DSC04016.JPG

used on the dan finks speedwagon kit >

i washed those slightly and made the little bolts chrome , i know these steelies are real flat with a wash they just come to life

DSC04263.JPG

DSC04262.JPG

hey and if you like your wheels just keep them like that :lol:

Thanks for the input. I did not take your comments as negative. I appreciate feedback and always strive to improve. I think I'll try a wash (I have to dig into my stash to see I have from the Detailer).

BTW I love your wagon hi-boy and the 3-window coupe. Very nice!!!! I have been struggling with a build of the wagon and what to do with it. I almost never build without modification. I thought of building it as a hi-boy but was not sure how it would appear. You answered my question. Looks great!