#41 Bob Ellis

Bob Ellis

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 425 posts
  • Full Name:Bob Ellis

Posted 25 April 2014 - 06:44 AM

I used to have the 71 and 72 Duster  kits. The only differences I remember were dashes, tail lights and dated bumpers.

#42 tim boyd

tim boyd

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,051 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 04:36 AM

Kinda curious about those 6-slot wheels. The only 1:1 6-slots that I know of were made by American Dragmaster (different company than American Racing), but I've never seen them reproduced in scale. If the ones in the Duster kit are accurate versions of Dragmasters, they'd be good candidates for one of the resin casters to start repopping.

Robert....I am virtually certain that these 6-hole wheels first appeared in the old MPC Chris Lang Malco "Super Vett" kit (circa 1970-73), and then reappeared in one of the many subsequent "Street Machine-esque" variations of this kit that MPC churned out during the latter 1970's and 1980's.  Hope that helps....TIM 

Edited by tim boyd, 26 April 2014 - 04:36 AM.

#43 gtx6970

gtx6970

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,850 posts
  • Full Name:Bill Allphin

Posted 26 April 2014 - 09:56 AM

I used to have the 71 and 72 Duster  kits. The only differences I remember were dashes, tail lights and dated bumpers.

bumpers, tail lights, side markers and interior patterns were different between the 2 kits ( I have both)

#44 Robberbaron

Robberbaron

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 146 posts
  • Full Name:Robert J. Barron

Posted 27 April 2014 - 12:09 PM

You have a pic if the actual wheels?

Sorry for the delay.  Newbie had to figure out how to post pics.

I have no idea if these are the wheels in the 75 Duster kit, but these are what I was referencing.  They're fairly oddball, definitely don't see them much anymore.  In addition to being used on some gassers and street musclecars, they were actually somewhat popular on VWs back in the day.

American Dragmaster:

Attached Files

Edited by Robberbaron, 27 April 2014 - 12:14 PM.