TheRX7Project

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 219 posts
  • Full Name:James Arens

Posted 22 March 2013 - 01:55 AM

Hi MCM,

I recently got back into model cars since my other hobbies are getting too expensive and I'm trying to get out of debt. Not to mention it's a fun hobby and I've had a few models "sitting around" for a while so I decided, why not?

I recently finished my first kit as a "born again" modeller- a Tamiya Mini Cooper. I also just started on my next creation: a Monogram 1955 Ford F-100. Next up after that is likely an older AMT '53 Studebaker.

I mostly like building customs and hot rods, and also have a soft spot for small older European cars (like Mini Coopers and Fiat 500s). I almost never build anything box stock (my Mini Cooper is an exception). With my current model I plan to try my hand at using bare metal foil for the first time. Wish me luck!

I reside in the Milwaukee area, and have a first-generation RX7 and a '66 Plymouth Belvedere 4-door for my summer cars. My other hobbies include target and skeet shooting, and playing PC shooter games (Battlefield 3!).

Anyway enough with the boring talk, here's some pics.

MiniCooper4_zps418166f7.jpg

MiniCooper3_zpsd7b26ef9.jpg

MiniCooper2_zps513ee912.jpg

MiniCooper1_zpsb0f0b05c.jpg

And remember what I said about not building box stock? Well here's the motor for my F-100, with a supercharger from a '55 Chevy kit (just need to find a pair of velocity stacks for it).

cobramotor_zps6e5fff6c.jpg

#2 crazyjim

crazyjim

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,762 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 02:15 AM

Welcome back, James.  Nice looking build you posted. 

#3 slusher

slusher

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,443 posts
  • Full Name:carl slusher

Posted 22 March 2013 - 04:07 AM

Welcome to the forum James..