Model Cars Magazine Forum

27 ford ratrod

bpletcher55

Gonna go out on a limb and say the Halibrands. They go with the Flathead's aluminum heads. If you are looking for a little more weathered appearance you could flatten them up a bit then do some light grey to light black washes. Then super thinned white spattered over the dark (spattered off a toothbrush's bristles) to look like corrosion. There is a seller on ebay that is selling a similar wheel as you have on the front in resin, PM me if you want the seller's info.

BTW, I'm not super crazy about the rustified look, but I like this one. You've got the rust down pat, it's convincing without being over done. If you can get the rust that good you should have no problem with a little corrision on magnesium.

Thins thing looks bada$$ Blair! So different looking with the none chop top and sectioned body. I'm glad you went with the steelies and white walls but that other set of rims are killer as well. Where would one find a set? I would love to get my hand on them for a project I have going on.

I'll chime in that I like the body too. I've been working on '34s with sectioned bodies but full tops. I think the big glass look is cool, almost reminiscent of the Tall Ts. 1930s Ford rods have been done to death, so it's interesting when we can do something different!